Nov 11 2011

Sponsored Post, A Waste of Time and Energy

Category: MediaEyeliah @ 11:46 pm

I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder today.  I published my second ever sponsored post, the marketing company appeared reputable after researching them online and I really liked the store I was to write about so I saw no harm.  There can be ethical issues when being paid to write something which is why I do not lie to my readers if a post is sponsored, and I was actually going to use the money received to buy a dress from their store.  Here is the problem; THEY NEVER PAID ME!  After a week of back and forth emails organizing and 3 hours of my writing time, not to mention the fact I posted and advertised this company to you, all my readers I am left with unreplied emails and the aforementioned chip.

GRRR!
Do you write sponsored posts?

7 Responses to “Sponsored Post, A Waste of Time and Energy”

1. chelsea says:

Oh man, that sucks! I’m sorry they reneged on the deal. How crappy.
    I have done a couple sponsored posts, but they left me feeling like a sales person and I didn’t like it. These weren’t companies I had ever shopped at before or had any interest in. It was a quick review, but they basically told me what to say. I’ve decided to be really picky since then, and therefore I haven’t done any posts on the multiple lingerie, beauty products, or dress site that have e-mailed me.
    chelsea´s last blog post ..what i want to wear today

2. Caboguy says:

*&%$#@{ … gotta hate that!! – even if there was an on-line Better Business Bureau to report them, this would waste more time and could start additional crap! The best thing to do is call your Dad and tell him all about it … agreed !!

3. LLL: November 11th-13th | DigitallyLUX says:

[…] Style Symmetry gripes: sponsored post was a waste of time […]

4. Tony Scott says:

That’s tough. Maybe the lesson here is not to write halfheartedly. Maybe they saw something in your post that sounds insincere or what. However, don’t be afraid to write sponsored posts, maybe you’ll find a company worth writing for.
    Tony Scott´s last blog post ..MSDSonline Offers EH&S Professionals Free Webinar Series on Upcoming Adoption of GHS by OSHA

5. wardrobe experience says:

oh man. that really sucks.this is quite UN-professional!
    wardrobe experience´s last blog post ..Just Another Office Outfit …

6. Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer says:

What a total bummer! No, I’ve never written a sponsored post – I just came back to blogland and am just trying to figure out how to get sponsors, and how to create linked banner ads.
    Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer´s last blog post ..November Colors