Jul 18 2011

The Tiny Closet

Category: My ClosetEyeliah @ 9:30 am

You may remember how I mentioned I was cutting my wardrobe down again, well this is what I have left.

Keep in mind, my coats and shoes are in the front closet and I did keep one luggage with a few special dresses and skirts, blazers, extra socks and tights.

Once upon a time I owned 50+ skirts & 70+ dresses, then I got down to 139 items

Now I have less than 100 (without including the one luggage)
15 dresses, 10 skirts, 3 maxi skirts
12 blouses,ย 3 long sleeve tops, 16 t-shirts (went up since I wear these to teach yoga), 11 tank tops (layering)
3 jeans, 3 pants, 3 shorts
12 sweaters/cardigans, 3 hoodies, 3 winter coats, 5 light jackets

Even my purses, scarves, hats, jewelry and shoes have been massively reduced but that’s for another post.

12 Responses to “The Tiny Closet”

1. masha says:

that’s a great thing to do! we always wear the same clothes anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. chelsea says:

I too have been pairing down my wardrobe. It is friggin tiny now! I used to have 30+ dresses. Now I think I have 7. My closet is especially small right now as I have most of it packed up. It now consists of a handful of t-shirts, my two pairs of shorts, one skirt, two dresses, three pairs of shoes and a pair of jeans. My closet looks so big and empty…

3. Heather/H&K Style Journey says:

I give you major credit for doing that! That is no small task. I think I may need to do this!

4. wardrobe experience says:

sounds exciting! which dresses and skirts are left?

as long as i love to wear a lot of different things everyday, i will keep my millions of skirts, billions of dresses and shoes, shoes, shoes…
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. Diana says:

Great job! I’ve grown to love having a smaller wardrobe (and closet). It forces me to be pickier about what I keep in my closet, and the result is that I only buy and keep clothes that I love. I can look in my closet every morning and be happy, because everything in there is just right for me.

6. Caboguy says:

Wow…good for you – I got rid of alot of stuff during my recent move but I bet I could go half again & still have many choices.

Wow, good job! I’d be really interested to know how you feel about your wardrobe now. Is it easier to get dressed in the morning? Has your style changed? How do you feel about style/fashion these days? Perhaps you could write a post on that..?

8. Midnight Cowgirl says:

Wow, you cut out a lot!

9. Bri says:

You are far tougher than I, I’ve been trying to cut down but I think I need to get more cut throat about it!

10. Darlene says:

I’m sorry, what? 70+ dresses?! That is insane!! Well, isn’t it a breather to finally keep track of your items now? ๐Ÿ™‚

forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

11. Emily says:

I need to do this, too. I have so many articles of clothing and I don’t wear a lot of them!

12. Style Symmetry » Feelings on My Current 99 Piece Wardrobe says:

[…] it easier to get dressed in the morning? It is quite easy to get dressed out of The Tiny Closet. ย Since there are not many pieces, the hemming and hawing of unlimited possibilities it taken […]