May 07 2011

What’s in My Backpack, How To Travel Light

Category: How To,TravelEyeliah @ 1:06 am

For two weeks in Greece I really didn’t want to bring a ton of stuff, in my backpack I have;

CLOTHING
2 tank tops (white, army green)
2 t-shirts (light blue, navy blue)
1 long sleeve shirt (white floral button up)
1 sweater (red cashmere)
1 shorts (army green)
1 skirt (tie dye blue)
1 dress (cherries)
2 scarfs (sea blue, purple)
4 socks, 4 underwear, 2 bras, 1 yoga pants
1 jacket (black)
1 hat
1 sandals (pictured below)
1 street shoes (adidas)

At the Temple of Poseidon, Cape Soúnio

Just make sure all your pieces can be worn together, they are wrinkle resistant and light to carry. I simply wash a few pieces in the sink every couple of days though there is always a laundromat option in most places as well.

Tunnels and caves in Plakias, Crete

OTHER ITEMS
netbook
waterproof camera
G10 camera
mini toiletries, towel, pillowcase
book
ipod

Avoid bringing expensive, nice things as you’ll just worry, wreck or lose them.  Next time I think I will leave my ipod and computer behind and get a micro fibre travel towel to cut down on weight.  Also if your budget allows most hostels give linen and a towel for 1 euro each for your duration.

What’s in your travel bag?

8 Responses to “What’s in My Backpack, How To Travel Light”

1. chelsea says:

Great guide. Your sandals are super cute. The whole outfit is very easy and carefree and I really like it. When I travel my bag is backed similarly, except that most of the places I travel are to someones home where there are toiletries waiting, so I usually skip those. The clothing consists of a couple dresses and some sweaters that can be worn over them, two pairs of shoes, a pair of jeans and a shirt or two. Wear your heaviest stuff on the plane/train to save space and weight! That is what my mum always said.

2. Chris says:

Good tips! I have also learned to pick dri-fit clothing as they breathe, are great for hot weather and dry overnite hanging in the bathroom! I also get some disposable undies, abt USD2 for a pkg of 6, just in case. There also faceloths that come like a big mint and can be “activated” with some water. For something bigger, I find camping towels are great and inexpensive. FYI..found a really cool battery-operated fan by Coleman that works amazing..and was called into action when we went to Vietnam. Available at Target for less than USD3.

3. wardrobe experience says:

i love temples! when i was in rome i was running through this amazing city to stumble over ancient piece on every stepp. some day i will visit greek as well.

4. eli says:

sooooooooooo cool!! Cant believe that’s all you packed! Hope youre having fun :)

5. Louis Carabini says:

They arent what Id call Extra Large Bath Towels as they are barely big enough to wrap around your body.

6. will@Hippy Clothes says:

Great tips I hope to make it to Rome in the next few years. Also there is a message that says you need a new version of the comluv plugin.
    Hippy Clothes

7. Style Symmetry » I’ve Been Hiking and Biking To The Tops of Things says:

[...] already seen me at the top of Castell de Montjuic Barcelona, at the Temple of Poseidon and with a Santorini sunset but I got to the top of a few other [...]

8. Style Symmetry » Best of 2011 says: