Feb 11 2011

Eye Surgery

Category: LifeEyeliah @ 2:17 pm

I’m considering eye surgery…..

PLEASE tell me your thoughts!!!

7 Responses to “Eye Surgery”

1. Wicked Halo says:

Do you mean that laser thing? I have a few friends who’ve done it and they’re all pretty happy with the results, so I’d say go for it!

2. marta says:

Before I couldn’t see from far away very clear and I made the decision to have Lasik surgery and I am glad I did. Just get a great doctor and with God’s help everything will be just fine. Wearing glasses was never an option for me. I wore contacts but got tired of it and hate it to put them on every morning and having to take them off at night. It was a pain. Why suffer if there is a solution? Best of luck if you decide to do it.

3. Katharine says:

I’ve considered it, and decided against; anecdotally, everyone I know with severe myopia (less severe than mine) has ended up still needing some correction and without enough tissue left for further surgery, so back in glasses anyway. Glasses they didn’t need to wear all the time, but still. If I’m going to have someone operate on my EYES, with a risk of BLINDNESS, I want the results to be perfect. Plus I’ve been wearing contacts for over twenty years, and have very few problems with them, knock wood.

However, people who don’t really “need” glasses (i.e. might need them on a driver’s license, but can wander round without) seem to have good results. My brother had it, and is very pleased; he was high risk because of diabetes, and had trouble finding a surgeon who’d do it, but it worked out well for him, although he still gets some halos around lights at night.

Make sure you get a good, reputable surgeon, as marta says, and make sure you don’t go for price above all; friend of mine did that, and could not take advantage of the guaranteed correction when his eyes worsened, since the clinic had gone out of business. Good luck with whatever you decide.

My husband had Lasik surgery, and for the most part he has been very happy with the results. He still needs reading glasses. I’d suggest doing a lot of research before committing to anything, and also, putting a lot of time and effort in finding the right doctor. Good luck!

5. Erin says:

i have absolutely horrible vision, inherited from my dear mother. she got the surgery and love that she can see now. HOWEVER she always tells me i should get it but to wait until after i have children because apparently your eye sight can change during pregnancy…i dunno, she’s a nurse and it happened to her. so, i cannnot wait to be able to see right clearly when i wake up but i am going to wait until after i have a few babies.

6. wardrobe experience says:

No – my mother had an eye surgery a year ago. the intervention didn’t succeeded. there’s less than 50% of her eye-sight left.
    Yes – my mothers husband had an eye surgery before her… a day after the surgery he felt like an eagle in the sky… seing everything on the ground. he was back on 100%!

i know these opposed words won’t help …

7. WendyB says:

My stepdaughter did it and was thrilled with it.

I always recommend asking to speak to other patients who have gone to your particular doctor whenever an operation is under consideration!