Jan 10 2011

How To Layer, Wear Jackets & Be Cozy Like The Lookbook Girls

Category: How To,InspirationEyeliah @ 2:48 pm

First thing, the 10,000th Giveaway Winner Ashe Mischief!
Congratulations, which prize do you choose?

~Bury All The Pictures~
*Pyro, Kings of Leon*

I’ve worn a few outfits that are cute lately, there was a night out dancing for my birthday Saturday and a Burlesque show last night.  It was quite difficult to put outfits together with my minimal wardrobe so I’ve decided to visit my storage locker for a little ‘shopping’ trip.  I know the box I want to get into an it’s at the back on the bottom, it’s going to be a lot of work to get to it but it will be worth it.  And to make up for the lack of pictures I give you the latest lookbook.nu additions to my Inspiration Folder.

Oversized

Mix an oversized cowl with red lipstick or wear an oversized vintage sweater as your jacket with warm layers underneath like Kasia G.  Pin an oversized brooch to a knit cap, layer with a plaid shirt or expose some shin like Jenny O.

Cozy

Dig out your old knit ski headband and dress it up like Grace J above and Klaudia W below.  Like Grace wrap a delicate necklace around your wrist, dress cozy enough up top to wear lace tights below, bike shorts under the skirt to help you stay warm.

Chic Vintage

Mix faux furs on your collar and boot cuffs or add vintage buttons to your favorite jacket like Klaudia W.  Try a pair of vintage frames and pop out the lenses or a floral blazer like Iris, if you can’t find vintage they have these at H&M right now.

DIY (Do It Yourself)

Go all out with Ilse D by mixing a statement necklace and your most unique pants, if you don’t have the pants try a too big vintage pair or skirt and pin in pleats and gathers.

Add studs to your jacket lapels, patches to your leggings or try a conservative collared shirt knotted over a sexy lace blouse like Morven S.

Layering

Layer tights and over the knee socks, wear a sweater as a dress belted or let your hair spill out of your winter cap like Katze.  Layer a folded wrapped skirt under a dress or tie a belt into a present bow like Amy N, my favorite tutorial here.

What look do you want to try?

12 Responses to “How To Layer, Wear Jackets & Be Cozy Like The Lookbook Girls”

1. wardrobe experience says:

all these girls are very inspiring.

greets,

wardrobe experience
    .-= wardrobe experience´s last blog ..Blue Again =-.

2. rose says:

Wow!Pretty cool.I sometimes have this feeling of combining my outfits even they don’t match up.

I would like to be cozy, but bare ankles to not speak my language of cozy. Fashionable for sure, but cold.
    And my favorite outfit, Grace J’s looks the most cold — lace tights and a thin cotton shirt in the snow!

Now, I can’t say I’m doing much better myself, I went out this morning and was beaten to death my freezing winds in my lame, thin, silk shirt.
    .-= Lyddiegal´s last blog ..Snow- furry earmuffs and Hipstamatic =-.

4. Kate & Zena says:

Some of these ladies must be crazy. There is NO WAY in h, e double hockey sticks you’d get me to go outside in the winter wearing a skirt and tights. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cold where I live. I like to be very, very, VERY warm.

I’m not sure if I want to try any of their looks. It’s too cold here for any of their outfits!

Preferably, I’d like to be in Sydney, Australia right about now. It’s summer over there.

5. Emily says:

Great post! Love how some of the girls on Lookbook dress and it’s great to see their outfits broken down like this 🙂

Thanks.
    .-= Emily´s last blog ..Horoscope fashion- Your style written in the stars =-.

6. Shin says:

Wow, they’re really great inspiration and tips! I have to save your post and reference it when I move to a cold place one day! xoxoxoxoo

7. daisymay says:

I think I love Iris outfit the most. It’s super cute. But Im all for a bit of layering at this time of year!

8. madeline says:

great post. I want to try being able to take outfit photos outside without freezing. I don’t know how everyone does it. Awesome tips though!

9. Kristin says:

An infinity scarf is definitely missing from my wardrobe. Such gorgeous sources of inspiration. Thanks for sharing them!

10. Midnight Cowgirl says:

Love these comfy, cozy looks!
    .-= Midnight Cowgirl´s last blog ..Loving Erdem =-.

11. The Honeyroom says:

I love all the looks, but I especially like the last look with the studded leather jacket, fabulous!

12. Jennimajor says:

What a collection of jackets my eyes are shining looking great..