Jan 05 2011

Weight Loss Wednesdays Post #1

Category: ProjectsEyeliah @ 3:45 pm

Okay so for some reason I am sharing on here that I plan to lose 10 pounds.  I was worried it may be a bit too personal but you’ve always been supportive of everything else.  The last time I had to lose weight was in 2007 due to a knee injury, for every one pound of weight loss four pounds of pressure was taken off my knees.  I’ve had a bit too much fun over the past few months (especially Christmas and Texas) so I have to get back to my fighting weight and take 40 pounds of pressure back off my knees.

I found this awesome free website Weight Mirror where you can upload a picture and create a visual of yourself at your goal weight and also ADD weight, which I don’t recommend because it’s scary!  This picture depicts my best weight, which would be a loss of 15 pounds but at this point I’m not getting ahead of myself and just focusing on 10.

I’m using the site FitDay to monitor my progress.  Today I took my measurements and weight.  Everything starts at a zero count, except for the 2 pounds I’ve already lost 🙂

Weight: -2 Bust: 0 Waist: 0 Hips: 0 Arm: 0

~Goals~
Weight: -10 Bust: -1 Waist: -1.5 Hips: -2 Arm: -0.5

Currently I am biking an hour and a half atleast every other day and going to yoga five times a week.  I’m trying to get my food plan in order but feeling sick the past couple of days and eating a couple pieces of my birthday cake yesterday hasn’t exactly helped.  Next Wednesday I will let you all know how the first week went.

Anyone else lost/losing weight?  Tell me about it!

27 Responses to “Weight Loss Wednesdays Post #1”

1. Maggie says:

I’m with ya on the weight loss. I’m actually tempted to contact “The last 10 pounds” show to get the bootcamp 4 week program. But I’m gonna start slow and do the yoga thing for a month and see how it goes. You look beautiful no matter what your size is. It’s all about a healthy lifestyle and your body will thank you for it. Much love and peace to ya! xo

2. chelsea says:

I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago. I was working out daily, starting with jogging and then moving it indoors to the gym. I just needed to get my body moving. I wasn’t focusing on losing weight, as much as just being healthy. I was once told that when you are feeling like you want a snack, have a glass of water. Your body gets confused much of the time, so when you are thirsty we read it as hunger. In any case, that is what I did. Or else I munched on an apple. Cheese. Peanut butter. Those were the three foods I had for lunch daily for many months. It was easy and I was in the mood for it. I would have big dinners with my family and if there was birthday cake around, I surely wasn’t going to deprive myself. It is only bad when you eat in excess. My mantra was “I worked out today, I deserve that piece of cake!”
    .-= chelsea´s last blog ..oh sparrow top =-.

3. eli says:

changing your eating habits and getting up is what makes the biggest difference, and since you’ve been doing tons of yoga, you’re already on your way! Since I’ve moved to san francisco all I do is walk everywhere! I walked two miles today uphill to get to the library I’m pretty proud of myself!
    .-= eli´s last blog ..New Year- New You =-.

Adding weight. That does sound scary.
    I don’t have any specific weight loss goals because I don’t know how much I weigh. Honest to god. Don’t own a scale, don’t ever get on one. I feel like becoming consumed with day to day weight fluctuation would be a bad path for me.
    But I do need to remember to drink more water (instead of coffee all day long) and enjoy more fruits than my single glass of OJ in the AM.

Good luck with your weight loss, I’m sure it will be a cinch!
    .-= Lyddiegal´s last blog ..Hello Wonda =-.

5. alison says:

Personal is good; too many blogs just show the shiney happy photoshopped side of life! I’m really going to try to do more outside activity; I’m impressed with your biking regime. What worked for me was being really careful about carbs and sugar. Not always easy to do, but it made a major difference.
    .-= alison´s last blog ..Best of 2010- a short list Very short =-.

6. Elissa says:

I admire your candor! It’s hard to tell a whole bunch of people you want to lose weight. Good luck to you! I have the same problem as you and am currently seeing a trainer to help me work out harder. It’s only 3x a week right now but that’s a good start for someone who has trouble with consistency (like me).
    .-= Elissa´s last blog ..614 Magazine – January 2011 =-.

7. @parmie says:

Love that you are showcasing your goal, good luck and am looking forward to supporting you!
    .-= @parmie´s last blog ..Barbeque seitan recipe review =-.

8. jess says:

It sounds like you’re off to a great start — keep it up! 🙂

9. marta says:

I went back to working out at home using Gilad’s DVDs because I see immediate results. I now have 5 DVDs so that I can have a different one for each day or do two on the same day. So far I am doing good. I gained a few pounds too, so I am getting back into shape. I am in not particular diet, I just eat healthy and less and of course and I never eat after 6PM. I only drink tea or have a mint/gum if I’m desperate after that time. It works to brush your teeth earlier. I’m sure you will make it. 🙂

10. Mississauga music school says:

yeah
    good luck in all beginnings

11. Ashe Mischief says:

I think it’s wonderful you have such healthy aspirations for weight loss– because you obviously look great as is, but who would condemn another for losing some weight for health reasons?

The Beau and I are on a slow, but good process towards it. Step 1: change eating habits (cycle a: breaking fast food/eating out. cycle b: cooking at more home. cycle c: eating more fruits, veggies, & whole food more). Step 2 is integrating in regular exercise. We’re mid-way on cycle b & c… and it’s just good. We’re so much happier for it.

12. brittney says:

good for you! hope you get lots of support…i think that is an awesome goal. you’ll feel so great for accomplishing it!
    -brittney
    .-= brittney´s last blog ..mary had a sicko lamb =-.

13. Wicked Halo says:

I really need to lose some weight as well but those nasty eating habits are pretty engrained, plus lack of time to exercise.
    .-= Wicked Halo´s last blog ..The Lady Dior Saga =-.

14. Em says:

This is so great! I am totally gonna do one! Good luck in your weight loss, you look great as-is in my opinion!
    .-= Em´s last blog ..And I will waste no time- worried ’bout no rainy weather =-.

15. Sara says:

Sounds like you really have your goals figured out! And good for you for emphasizing the health benefits of weight loss, I never really thought about how weight can affect the joints. Even though it is a little personal, putting your weight loss goals on your blog definitely makes you more accountable in regards to following through. Good luck, I am rooting for you!
    .-= Sara´s last blog ..Wear to Work Wednesday =-.

16. Bella Q says:

Hello! I thought your name looked familliar, you are the Eyeliah of the street style blog the eyeline, Yeah! I hope someday you’ll get back to that blog. I just started a Sacramento based street style blog in October. Good luck on the weight loss, I am rooting for you!
    .-= Bella Q´s last blog ..Elephant for Andy Keogh =-.

17. wardrobe experience says:

biking with an injured knee. whooo…i tored my meniscus 17 years ago. it hurt not that bad during the past years but some times i can’t go by bike to work because of some bad hurtin my right knee.(normally i take ma bike every day even its raining cats and dogs. it’s my only sport…)

googd luck on weight loss.
    .-= wardrobe experience´s last blog ..Tapestry =-.

18. daisymay says:

Well as your being all sensible about it, good luck. I will be trying to shift some of the extra pounds this year too. I am a bridesmaid for my best friends wedding in september and I just want to tone up before then, and hopefully get back down a dress size.

.-= daisymay´s last blog ..Playing dress up with Fashion She Says =-.

19. anna says:

Oh geez, totally forgot to make working on losing some weight from this year (stress stress stress) a new years resolution (just like EVERY year!)… although I actually did stop making resolutions um.. this is definitely something I need to work on. The image adjusting site sounds like a good start, I’m kind of scared to even take a full body pic of myself to upload though! Good luck to the both of us!

20. Susu Paris Chic says:

Good luck to you, dear! You’ll make it if you really set your heart into it. Step by step, and all in appreciating your unique body. I am actually trying to do the opposite. We all have our challenges. Getting to a healthy and self-loving place is what matters.
    .-= Susu Paris Chic´s last blog ..Chanel Goes Glam =-.

21. Goodwina says:

I think you looks great
    for why you torment yourself?

22. northwest is best says:

Good luck with your goal! I cycle most days, and love it. Usually, I keep quiet on weight loss posts and when people have dieting conversations in real life, because I’m so naturally skinny. Because of all the advertising and other messages in our society, skinny is something aspirational. But believe me, it ain’t all that. I’m permanently cold and there are so many styles of clothing I can’t wear.

23. Abby says:

I am trying to loss weight too! Taking it easy though. Don’t want to push myself too hard. Am gonna start running or using the treadmill
    .-= Abby´s last blog ..Freebies A-Hauling- The NEW Strivectin-SD =-.

Good luck with this! I, for one, decided to get in shape and start doing yoga again. For me this doesn’t include plans of weight loss since I am already underweight, but it is all under the same umbrella of feeling good and being healthy!
    .-= The Waves´s last blog ..A Small Guide to Vintage Costume Jewelry =-.

25. Kate & Zena says:

Sorry I’m late on this one (I seem to keep passing this one!).

Good luck on losing weight!

I, unlike most people, have the exact opposite problem. I need to GAIN weight. (I can just see all y’all groaning and saying, “Just be happy with what you got. At least you don’t have to LOSE weight.” Uh, guys, try gaining weight when you burn calories like the Roadrunner) Unlike most people, I have a small stomach and a fast metabolism. What it means is that eating 2000 calories a day is like trying to stuff a three sandwiches into a hamster. What I do eat, I burn like faster than a hamster on a wheel.

And just so you know, gaining weight for me is like losing weight for you. It’s hard. Y’all have to cut calories; I have to put more in by eating more. I’m actually a grazer.

26. hktwo says:

good luck and success !!

27. Cesya Lum says:

It is Wednesday of week five for me and although there is a noticeable difference in the way my pants fit, I was expecting more of a loss. Wednesdays are by far the worst days for me and I feel like just being done with it today. I started pagg in week 3 and started Icing every night in week 3 as well. I feel like I am following the diet the way it is laid out (and I have re-read probably 4-5 times, taking notes along the way, following the blog and joining in on forums on Facebook). I guess I am just wishing for more weight loss (I am 26 with no kids, so that shouldn’t be affecting me). Getting through this Wednesday with the blues will be tough, but I know I can do it. I am thinking about re-evaluating this whole diet at 8 weeks (Please God, Let me make it to 8 weeks). Good luck to everyone and I am glad I am not the only one pouting. HA!