Dec 20 2010

The Big Bang Theory Style ~ Part I

Category: MediaEyeliah @ 7:35 pm

The Big Bang Theory  is a sitcom centered around two physicist roommates who work at Cal Tech University, their coworkers/friends (an astrophysicist and an engineer) and their new neighbor a pretty waitress.  Of course hilarity ensues, nothing makes this closeted geek laugh more than TBBT.  Their geek chic styles can be quite outlandish, each character with their own signature look.  Lets start with Leonard.

Leonard
Thick black glasses, messy wavy hair, earth tones, graphic t-shirt, hoodie, khaki jackets with jeans/corduroy.

Penny going through Leonard’s closet, hehe.

Sheldon
Immaculate haircut and hygiene, color, stripes, plaid. Graphic, ironic and comic t-shirts with a 3/4 sleeved tee underneath, plaid pants/khakis.  He never takes off his watch.

Sheldon’s robot even dresses like him.

Sheldon has the best pj’s.

Penny
The feminist in me doesn’t fully approve of Penny’s short shorts and cleavage baring style. She’s also been known to wear juicy sweats and ugg boots.

She looked really pretty on her first date with Leonard.

Penny’s work uniform for The Cheesecake Factory.

Stay Tuned for Part II

8 Responses to “The Big Bang Theory Style ~ Part I”

1. Teeny says:

Dude, i like this post…keep going.
    .-= Teeny´s last blog ..various mumblings of a tired idiot =-.

I’ve never really watched the big bang theory. even though we live in a world where the time a show is on doesn’t really matter; somehow it does and I always watched Chuck on monday nights. Eventually I realized I was missing out on the awesomeness that is How I met your Mother and am trying to catch up with my dvds. Maybe one day I will catch and episode of the big bang theory and suddenly decide I must start watching it.

But your fashion highlights are super cute!!!
    .-= Lyddiegal´s last blog ..Five dozen freshly baked cookies =-.

3. wardrobe experience says:

i love big bang theory…. but this time i prefer ‘how i met your mother’. as being a single-girl again, i fell in love with ted mostbe.

.-= wardrobe experience´s last blog ..PleatsKnitPindots =-.

4. Eyeliah says:

I received a heated negative comment about my use of the word feminist. If there were not personal insults in the comment I would have published it. I should have been more clear, it is not just Penny’s outfits that I have a problem with. Fundamentally her character is very one dimensional and lacking substance, her style choices are just the cherry on top.

5. Nicola says:

I really like Penny’s uniform. I agree that Penny annoys me as a feminist, in a programme with 4 strong male personalities it’s a shame that they couldn’t find space for a well-rounded female character.

I still love The Big Bang Theory though.
    .-= Nicola´s last blog ..Happy Christmas! =-.

6. Ashe Mischief says:

To be honest, I don’t care for Penny’s style. BUT I think her style is pretty realistic for the kind of girl she is: pretty, a hard worker, a sorority girl type. From that angle, I think they do a great job dressing her.

It’s so easy to forget how good looking Johnny Galecki is, but those first few photos show it off.

And <3 Sheldon.

7. Eve says:

Thanks for doing this post, without it I might never have known Sheldon always wears a watch.

8. Style Symmetry » The Big Bang Theory Style ~ Part III says:

[…]  Their geek chic styles can be quite outlandish, each character with their own signature look.  Click here for Leonard, Sheldon and Penny in Part I and here for Raj and Howard and Part […]