Nov 28 2010

My Yoga Path

Category: Life,My Outfits,YogaEyeliah @ 9:42 pm

I want to tell you about my yoga path.  In February 2007 I injured my knee as a result of exercising incorrectly.  I was unable to walk more than 30 minutes at a time, was taking the bus back and forth to work and of course avoiding all the other fabulous activities life has to offer.  After stints in physiotherapy and acupuncture that achieved mild to average results I was sent to yoga and everything quickly changed for me.  I was back to walking my commute, riding my bike ‘for fun’ and was no longer scared to try new things, or even go bowling.  Hatha yoga became an integral part of my lifestyle attending classes 3 times every week I would feel slight pain and sluggishness whenever a class was missed.  Three and a half years later I still have limitations but it is manageable.  Since yoga influenced my life this dramatically learning more about the practice was an inevitable next step and I’ve been in the Certificate Training Program for 2 weeks now.  The program offers much more than I expected as it delves into philosophy, lifestyle and anatomy. For some reason I had it in my head I’d just be learning the postures but the true aim of yoga is to connect with the higher self.  Yoga teaches us how to live a clean and healthy life, with a positive outlook and loving relationships.  I have learned how to clean my nose with sea salt and massage my internal organs, I’ve been practicing good deeds without requiring acknowledgement, not easy.  This course couldn’t have come at a better time in my life, I am open.

Have you tried yoga?  Tell me about your experience?

Thrifted Green Floral Sweater, & Yellow Eyelet Skirt. Winners Beige Boots.

12 Responses to “My Yoga Path”

It seems like you’ve found just the right place for you to be. I’m sure your love and devotion will make you one of the best instructors.

I’ve not done too much yoga myself, just a little bit in highschool.
    .-= Lyddiegal´s last blog ..Looking for leftovers =-.

2. Eline says:

Oh I always expected yoga to be part of a beautiful lifestyle but I never really knew! Do you also practice yoga at ungodly early hours? On a school camp I went to we were always invited to come and join my teacher in her morning yoga but she always did it at around 5 AM, which is sadly a little too early for me! Aside from that I tried it once in school and felt like it’d be something I love but I jsut don’t have the time for it.

It is so great to read how it positively affected your life though! I haven’t been commenting as of late but I’ve been reading and I kinda strangely proud of you and how you’ve managed to turn your life around so resolutely and with such great results. Go you!

3. renr says:

I joined my friend at her yoga class once. It was really tiring! I had muscle aches all over the following week. I’d always thought that yoga was a relaxing way to stretch the body; but after that experience, I came out with a new-found respect for the form. ^^

4. gina says:

I’ve practiced yoga off and on for the past decade. When I’m in great shape, exercising regularly and dancing, I usually take a yoga class 1-2 times per week. When I’m out of shape and not exercising regularly, it’s usually the way that I ease back into a healthier routine.

Cute sweater!

5. eli says:

clean your nose with sea salt?! do share please! glad to hear you’re on a happy path now

6. marta says:

I’m not into yoga because I prefer to exercise with the classic moves, I am a fan of Gilad’s DVDS so I only like his, lol, but it is good to hear that yoga had helped you.

7. Janssen says:

Go, girl! Yoga can do a lot of benefits for you.
    .-= Janssen´s last blog ..Swiss seek spot on Europes fashion catwalk – Vancouver Sun =-.

8. wardrobe experience says:

very cute sweater! looks great with this skirt!

i’m not into yoga – i’m not into sports anyway. i know i should be… i just go by bike to work and i like to take a walk when i go shopping(not taking the underground or the car).

But i know how to clean my nose with salty water. it’s very helpful when you get bad cold or a sinusitis.

i love to hear that you’re on a happy path now. go on like that.

.-= wardrobe experience´s last blog ..DIY- Was Nicht Passt Wird Passend Gemacht =-.

9. Abigail Ny says:

I’m a big fan of those boots right now!
    Love you’re glass frames!

.-= Abigail Ny´s last blog ..-LOOKY HERE- MISTER =-.

10. qin says:

I lovethe color of your boots!
    .-= qin´s last blog ..100 Giftcard Shopbob Giveaway – Alexander Wang =-.

11. Kristin says:

I haven’t steadily done yoga since college…I miss my flexibility!

12. nOREEN says:

Love this outfit! and the colors!

.-= nOREEN´s last blog ..Do you Believe in Magic =-.