Nov 03 2010

I Gave Notice Today ~ Now What

Category: Life,YogaEyeliah @ 5:41 pm

What’s the biggest thing you’ve done in your life?

It’s official I have no home, no job and honestly my life is feeling completely out of balance but I know I’m on my way to finding it.  I wrote a list of everything that is causing stress and now one by one I am going to solve the problems. I’ve started by contemplating Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs via someone else’s contemplating.

I realize after reviewing the pyramid that my safety and security needs are lacking particularly “security of employment, of property and of health”.  I will no longer be at my job in two weeks with no idea where and when I’ll work next and I am staying in a sublet where I do not feel comfortable or safe.  Along with more personal issues, these facts explain the ‘lost’ feeling I have been swirling in.  I also have not been eating healthy, getting enough sleep or water and am starting to experience the adverse effects.  The conclusion I’ve come to is that my self actualization, esteem and love/belonging are on the right track yet my most basic needs are suffering, something needs to be done.

My Plan in Steps
Breath, Stop clenching my teeth, Buy groceries, Go to bed earlier – All easier said then done.
Purchase new workout clothes and a new yoga mat.
Start my ‘one month of free yoga’ and take 3-5 classes a day 5-6 days a week ideally Nov 19-Dec 19.
Be a better blogger; more outfits, more inspiration, more reading and commenting on other blogs.
Sell vintage pieces on eBay.
Evaluate after a couple weeks of yoga if my knee can handle 3+ hours of training a day, if it can sign up for the intensive 28 day training program in Baja Mexico, book a flight to go down 2 weeks prior to spend time with my dad.
Move out of sublet putting the rest of my belongings into 5×10 storage.
Go to Mexico, find clarity and become certified as a yoga teacher.
Finalize my Dutch working visa, go to Amsterdam for March and April, teach yoga,drink wine, ride a bike everywhere, travel to Spain, France, Germany, miscellaneous other countries.
Move back to Vancouver in May, secure a place to live and acquire work as a yoga teacher.

If my knee cannot handle intensive yoga then take a local less intensive 3 month program and still go to Europe of course.

I hope you all don’t mind the personal posts lately.
What’s the biggest thing you’ve done in your life?

15 Responses to “I Gave Notice Today ~ Now What”

1. Janiece says:

Good for you, Eyeliah!

2. jentine says:

Wow! Good for you! You will probably look back on this time as when the tide turned. You are so brave!

3. Missa says:

Having a child was definitely the biggest thing I’ve done. Though it’s such an anchoring experience, quite the opposite of the journey you are embarking on. I’ve gained so much, but definitely not where freedom is concerned! You on the other hand are free as a bird!

I would imagine that to be both exciting and terrifying and I wish you the best of luck. Don’t worry, things will begin to fall into place 🙂

Oh, and yes, if you will be finding yourself in my neck of the woods this summer do let me know!
    .-= Missa´s last blog ..Halloween 2010 =-.

4. eli says:

Just breathe! You’ve made it this far! so you’ll be fine

5. Clare says:

Keep the personal posts coming! It’s good to have a place to release this stuff.

The biggest thing I have done was to give up my steady job and apartment, and move continents to be with (and marry) a man I had only seen in person three times. So far, so good!

It sounds like you have your priorities sorted out really well. I think the yoga stuff sounds really promising – not only will you be able to get in great shape, but you can also work on your mindset and feel calmer about all the craziness around you. Good luck!
    .-= The Waves´s last blog ..Thoughts on Girls with Wings =-.

Wow. I completely admire you.
    Your making big changes, takinging chances, pursing passions.
    I love it. I hope you have the most amazing time.

8. theonlyfashionprincess says:

great blog! hope you will become a follower of my blog too?
    xoxo

9. Diana says:

This sounds like an amazing and exciting plan. Going for something like this is definitely a scary thing, but I think it will be fantastic.
    .-= Diana´s last blog ..Etsy Love- Dream House =-.

10. Diana says:

.-= Diana´s last blog ..Etsy Love- Dream House =-.

11. Jessica says:

I can’t imagine how intimidating this big change must be, but it’s also probably a good thing. It’s going to force you to create your ideal life for yourself! And judging by your action steps, you’re well on your way!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Friday Finds Under 50 =-.

12. wardrobe experience says:

i love to read about your great plans for the near future. yoga teacher, working visa, mexico, amsterdam … tell me when you come to visit germany … i don’t live in berlin (everybody from oversea is going to the capital…) but maybe we gonna meet.
    : )

wardrobexperience.blogspot.com
    .-= wardrobe experience´s last blog ..100 =-.

13. Teeny says:

I love this post….mainly because the first half sounds gloomy and scary and then…..it gets terriffically positive and optimistic and completely doable!!! No cr*p, you really sound as if this is just going to be the path to your future and you’re going to do it, and by the end of your list i am all excited for you and totally jealous that you’re going to Mexico and then the Netherlands. I look forward to reading more of your journey!!!! You can do it.

14. Mom says:

I have no doubt you will reach your goals.

15. Style Symmetry » Current Missions says:

[…] just looked back at my plan from November and it’s interesting to evaluate what I’ve accomplished in six months.  I took the […]