Oct 18 2010

Remember All The Things We Wanted

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 5:38 pm

I realized something quite obvious today, I am going through a transitional phase. I am sure this is no shock to all of you who’ve been following my posts for the last six months.  How I am feeling is all over the place, and my indecisiveness is really shining through lately.  I’ve also been painfully reminded of how much I shun change when I should be embracing it. The fact that I am moving out of the home I love in just over a week has negative emotions pouring out of me on a daily basis.   So lets recap, I’m in a transitional phase, I’m indecisive and I shun change.  I need to change, I don’t know what choices to make and I don’t want to change, great. :p

Atleast I am doing what is required of me to move out of my home.  I have been packing all my things, they are in three piles “bring”, “store” and “give away”.  Luckily my “bring” pile is not so large and I think I can fit it all in my new digs, but I realized for 5 out of the 10 skirts I’m bringing are black so I need to go back and rethink my choices!   Surprisingly I am storing much less than I thought I would and I don’t think I have to sacrifice my retro 1950s cherry red dining table and chairs or my beloved lil ottoman.   All the rest of my furniture is being sold or given away along with many other household items.  I’m also trying to muster up the motivation and time to post my vintage clothing and jewelry on eBay.  Downsizing is key to making this transition work, maybe if I can narrow down my toiletries to a smaller suitcase I’ll be ready to move…..

How do you handle change?

Electric Blue Sweater, Suzy Shier. Purple Skirt, Free from Swap. Dynamite Trench Coat. White Scarf, Le Chateau. Sunglasses, Ebay. Winners Beige Boots.

*Already Gone, Kelly Clarkson*

9 Responses to “Remember All The Things We Wanted”

1. Jessica says:

How do I handle change? Honestly, I cry. Not kidding. But since change is inevitable, there’s a point where it needs to be embraced. No matter how much you resist and hide, it’s gonna happen. Too bad I can’t be open to it – it’d make life easier!

You know, these outfits after your purge have been so beautiful and chic. I’ve always loved your outfit posts before, but this change has undoubtedly led to a sophisticated style.

2. eli says:

I just moved and it feels so good! And will be moving again in a few months, cant wait for the purge

3. teeny says:

if it is change i am not ready for (or do not want), then i find it really unsettling – and I basically try to brazenly move forward as optimistically as possible. And usually at the other end of the changes…once everything that has to be done is done i might have a bit of a cry. If it is positive change….it is easier to settle. But still nervously optimistic.

4. chelsea says:

Man, oh man, I do not envy you and your change. Moving forward is good, but I sure hate the moving part. The packing, the down sizing, etc. Then you get to where you are going and think “Why do I have so much crap?” Some of those strange things that move with you, you know? Like a little toy that you got in junior high, that you cannot remember the meaning of, but you know it must be meaningful, right?
    This outfit is fantastic. I love the scarf/trench/belted look. You look superb. Like a woman moving up and onward!

5. Kristin says:

LOVE the way you styled that trench with the scarf. So gorgeous!

6. Wicked Halo says:

I kinda of pretend I’m all for change, because I know sometimes you have to give up things that aren’t working and aren’t good for you, but then sometimes I’m fearful of it, for all that you have to leave behind that is so neatly stacked and that is like your own personal comfort blankie (and I’m not even speaking of the phsysical stuff, altough that would be a b*tch for me to move, cause I have truckloads of junk I can’t imagine parting with)…stupid I know this dual sided attitude, but who said who have to be coherent in our reasoning right?

7. Kate & Zena says:

I don’t handle change well, but I’m an expert mover! I’ve moved 11 times!

Change? Not very well. With lots of heartache, indecision and regret.

So you are not alone, but you seem to have adopted the right attitude, and optimism.

Love your trench look, hope you are keeping it!

9. The Honeyroom says:

You look so retro chic, I love the trench and the scarf!