I started Style Symmetry almost THREE years ago at the age of 25 and my life has now changed so much from what it once was that something needs to be said (again) to you my readers. I didn’t want to get into this here but I did feel I have to….. so I will be deleting most details of this post shortly after you have had a chance to read it. My relationship ended earlier this year. Since then I have been trying to make sense of my life, figure out my next steps and now I am finally ready (not really, but willing) to make the necessary changes.
Changes that I already made;
1. My Style. I hadn’t been feeling as ‘outrageous and daring’ as I once did. I now find inspiration in simplicity and clean lines. Number one goal has been to avoid looking like a disaster whenever I leave the house, this is not always accomplished.
2.Makeup. I didn’t wear makeup all summer, I hope I can continue this through autumn.
3. My Friends. Most my old friends were mutual and I was very fortunate by making sure I was ‘up for anything’ I made a whole new group of friends at the beginning of summer. They really made the last three months awesome. P.S I still love my old friends.
4. The Eyeline. The end of The Eyeline was mostly due to a lack of inspiration. I still am spotting stylish people on the street but the motivation to approach them for photos is gone. It worked out well to discontinue posting on the site’s one year anniversary, I will be thrilled if I find the urge to return to it again.
Changes yet to be made;
1. My Apartment. I’ve lived here for 4 years and now I’m moving out in 2 weeks. It truly feels like home so giving it up will be a tough one. I will be subletting until the end of the year, not sure yet where I’ll live in 2011.
2. My Job. I have been in my current job for 3 years, I have recently talked to my boss about the possibility of leaving, mostly due to the next item….
3. My City. I feel the need to travel and have been taking many trips over the past couple months, but I need to go bigger! I’ve been trying to make either Amsterdam or Mexico a reality for three months now. Not sure yet if it will be a short term or long term trip but could be anywhere from 1 month to 1 year.
4. Blogging. Now you know why my motivation to blog has been so low. And without my balcony new outfit spots will need to be determined. I’m too shy for public photos – this may have to change if I want to continue posting outfits. Or perhaps I will take the blog in a different direction.
It’s still crazy to me how my whole life was turned upside down. In a way I feel like I’m 18 years old again, starting my life for the first time. I’m equal parts excited and scared. And now you know, ahhhh the relief!