Aug 23 2010

Whats Left

Category: My ClosetEyeliah @ 6:58 pm

Here is a breakdown of what is left in my closet.

25 dresses, 17 skirts, 4 maxi skirts
(For the record I used to have 50+ skirts and 70+ dresses)
19 blouses, 9 long sleeve tops, 12 t-shirts, 12 tank tops (mostly layering), 2 vests
4 jeans, 5 pants, 2 shorts
3 blazers, 12 sweaters/cardigans, 3 hoodies, 3 winter coats, 7 light jackets

I don’t know if it sounds like a lot to you, but it sure doesn’t to me!  Of course it is quite simple to get dressed in the morning but doesn’t leave much for blogging about….  I do promise to catch up with more outfits soon.  I took these quick photos as a reminder to take outfit photos for a few recent looks I wore.

IMG_4089

IMG_4090

Out of these items the pleated navy pants and pink skirt were voted out; the purple skirt and black velvet skirt I have to get rid of at the end of summer.

12 Responses to “Whats Left”

It is surprisingly easy to create new looks with few items. Layering becomes more crucial, and the introduction of one new item (like the perfect top) makes it all fun and new. Too many options can be such a weight and you can’t see what really awesome items you have because you end up pairing them with so so items. That happened for me a lot when I had a more expansive wardrobe.

2. jesse.anne.o says:

Holy sh!t, I can’t believe you had that much stuff. My mind would be overwhelmed – I’m barely able to keep doing laundry with what I have now. And I’m trying to get my wardrobe even smaller.

I am sure you will still pull off great outfits with less!

3. Eline says:

I think it actually would be very interesting to see what you can wear daily & how you can wear it in several ways etc. with a relatively small closet! Fight fast fashion with posting about trying to find new ways to wear your old clothes! 😀

4. wardrobe experience says:

if you wouldn’t live on the other side of the world,
    i’d love to invite you to our fashion flea market on the 12. of septembre.
    i think a lot if girls here would be very happy and proud to buy
    your lovely clothes. – maybe, you could get a little rich by selling tons of
    dresses and skirts….

5. Jessica says:

Geez, I can’t believe you’ve pared it down this much. I’m still in awe of the entire purge. But it looks like you’ve kept some really great pieces.

6. Ashe Mischief says:

I’m in awe–that still seems like a lot of clothes to me! But then, I own like 6 dresses and MAYBE 10 skirts, 2 pairs of jeans and 5 pairs of trousers…

7. Caboguy says:

– I KNOW you kept lots to wear in Cabo!!

You’ve cut back an awful lot, and even if the numbers still look high to many, I completely understand that you feel like there isn’t much there. I feel like that after every minor wardrobe purge, so I can’t even imagine what it must feel like when you do it in the bigger scale. I am sure you will still come up with wonderful outfits!

Change fosters creativity, I’m sure you will be finding new ways to get the most out of your new closet.
    I’m sure the loss still feels devastating, but there was probably a lot that you weren’t wearing very often and wont really miss after that initial shock.

10. Rachel says:

I am very interested to see what you come up with! I am hoping to pare things down as well, and have a big swap coming up as my deadline and source of motivation.

11. Kyla says:

Where in the world did you keep that many clothes?! I bet it feels really cathartic to be able to see everything. I can’t wait to see how this affects your style.

12. Style Symmetry » The Tiny Closet says:

[…] Once upon a time I owned 50+ skirts & 70+ dresses, then I got down to 139 items […]