Aug 17 2010

Keep It, Store It, Lose It – Closet Purge Part II

Category: My ClosetEyeliah @ 8:38 am

So….. here is the heaping pile of clothes that I have to get rid of. πŸ™

I literally do not even have one turtleneck or piece of leopard print left. Β Still left to purge are shoes, purses, scarves and jewelry.

These were the items I wanted to save but only could choose ten.

IMG_4244

IMG_4247

IMG_4245

The Final Decision
First row, get rid of. Second row, keep for summer. Third and Fourth rows, keep!

Out of all the items I had to get rid of, the only thing I really *wish* I didn’t is my pink floral dress (top left of this picture) so I’ve decided it is my bonus eleventh save. πŸ™‚

Do you need to purge your closet?

18 Responses to “Keep It, Store It, Lose It – Closet Purge Part II”

1. robyn says:

I purge my closet weekly. πŸ˜› I am proud of what you accomplished though. This is impressive.

2. Eline says:

Aww your getting red of that red pin-striped dress? But it’s so gorgeous!

No more leopard print? Good thing you’ve already done leopard week.
    I know I need to purge. Right now I’m trying to wear things that are on the verge and seeing if they are worthy of closet space or not.

4. Wicked Halo says:

wholy crap…you’re brave!

5. Shay says:

you’ll probably feel better about it after a while. I definitely went through this process about a year ago, and just realized I really wanted to simplify my aesthetic. Possibly it’s because we are so over-saturated with images as fashion bloggers…

6. Diana says:

I know a purge of this size is hard, but I think it will be really good for you in the long run. It’s good to refresh things and simplify periodically.

7. Jessica says:

Whoa. I’d be going through withdrawals. I commend you!

8. Tracy (The Wardrobe Wanderer) says:

ohhhhhhh…what are you doing with all the things you purge?? πŸ˜‰

9. Tracy (The Wardrobe Wanderer) says:

oh my goodness that orange dress is darling!

10. Missa says:

Man, your friends are brutal! Well, I’m glad you kept the pink floral dress, though I will be sad to see this one go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22936474@N04/3594707487/in/set-72157623477558906/ πŸ™

11. renr says:

That is one massive purging!!! It must have been heartbreaking to let some of these go…

12. elle s'ennuie says:

Thank goodness that dress was saved in the end, I was thinking all through this post, ‘Omg, she’s getting rid of that dress?! Noooooo..!’ πŸ˜€ But no turtle-necks? Surely they would come in handy in winter?

13. Tara says:

Go you on the bonus save – it would have broken my heart to see that dress go. I am in the middle of a closet purge and it is so stressful and draining it is taking way too long. Do you have any tips for getting through it?

14. Teeny says:

Eyeliah! I am so jealous you have that many clothes to dispose of! I do not even own that many clothes! Some beauties there…..well, um, here are some happy thoughts coming your way to help you through the purge. (i would be sad)

15. wardrobe experience says:

i’m speachless… no leopard left?!
    i will always keep some spotted-cat garments in my closet.

there are 5 big bags waiting in the lumber-room for the flea market…
    but my wardrobe is still overfilled!

Oh my gosh, I am so glad you saved that dress! I was looking and these pictures and as soon as I noticed it was in the Toss pile I gasped. Audibly. It is too cute to go! Yay for the last minute save!

17. Tessa Zeng says:

Incredible. You definitely have guts! Why the sudden purge, I’m curious? Is this something you do on a regular basis? I had a similar thought about that gorgeous red dress as many of the other commenters & am very glad you saved it πŸ™‚

I have this terrible habit of saving EVERYTHING because it can always be reconstructed or used for fabric later, since I’m a design student! But of course I never get around to it, gah! Need to either become mega productive or rid myself of this complex!

18. Crystal says:

What are you planning to do with all the clothes you’ve gotten rid of? I bet you could sell them on your blog to all your faithful readers who absolutely love some of the pieces.