Aug 10 2010

To Post or To Comment, That Is The Question

Category: LifeEyeliah @ 8:31 am

If you are a blogger…..what is more important to you; that I post more regular on my blog or that I take the time to comment on your blog? I am finding it so hard to consistently do both!! It’s a tough question to put forth because I of course really appreciate when you comment on my blog and honestly it’s what keeps me motivated to post so how can I say I don’t have time to reciprocate.

I still find the time to read/skim/look at your blogs pretty pictures but typing out a witty comment, adding all my info, typing in a verification code *sigh* I am just running short of the time for all that jazz. Twitch your Things I Love Fridays are among my favorite series out there, Whimsical Nerd I am ecstatic you are back, No Signposts I always read every glorious word you write, Aya and Kater your recent photoshoots have been blowing my mind, Wardrobe Wanderer you are too adorable, Lyddie you are getting so popular (props!), Smile Goes With Everything you have such great variety and your bentos make me drool.  Fluffy and Ebony you are so sweet I wish you were my younger sisters, Missa, Audi and Sal I would love you to be my older and wiser ones. Karina I am so proud of your new journalistic career and have read every word of it! Dearilou, Owls, Nicola and Renr you have fun and inspiring personal styles.

Etc etc, I adore your blogs!

I&8217;ll light the sky with my heart. (by e m ♥ i l y)

18 Responses to “To Post or To Comment, That Is The Question”

1. Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer says:

Well, I have to say that I just love and appreciate every comment that I get..since I only get a handful, each one excites me 🙂 So, I for one would love to hear from you more 😉 But I do enjoy your posts as well! and I understand how much time it all takes, for sure!

2. Tracy says:

Okay, I’ll try again 🙂

Wow! Thank you for the compliment and shout out–super appreciated!

I for one would LOVE to hear from you more; since I only get a handful of comments, each one always excites me.
    However, I enjoy your posts too, and I totally understand how much time it all takes 😉 You have to manage it in the way that you feel most comfortable with. I know that I’ve slowed down on commenting as well, which has corresponded with fewer comments received..but I do regularly visit/comment at the blogs of the gals I regularly hear from 😀

3. Sally says:

Don’t be so hard on yourself, lady. Blogging and commenting take a ton of time. I think everyone understands that doing both all the time can be taxing!

4. jocelyne says:

It’s a hard balance! I have decided to just post when I have time and comment on the blogs who are people who I genuinely like. That is you! Also, thanks for the heads up on Natasha being back, I was reading her Ukraine blog sometimes but have been slacking on everything lately since being back to working 40hrs.

5. Eline says:

You are too sweet! Just do what you feel like doing and don’t worry about returning comments or not!

I have trouble balancing out posting and commenting, too. I try to not take it too seriously, and more often than not, I just keep posting and lagging behind with comments. Oh well! My advice is: only post or comment when you feel like it! 🙂

7. Tracy @ The Wardrobe Wanderer says:

Hey, I was wondering..do you have to type in the word verification thingy when you comment on my blog? I don’t want visitors to have to do that!

8. robyn says:

My heart swells. Your blog has always been an inspiration to me, and I will visit even if you never comment again. Honest. I really do appreciate the link love, and I will make sure never to skip a friday blog…. even if they do take forever to put together. 🙂

9. Audi says:

I second what Sal said; we all understand that it takes a lot of time just to post, let alone comment on dozens of other blogs. Keep on posting; we know you’re out there reading!

I don’t know how I am getting so popular, as I am forever behind in responding to comments!! And you are right, when it comes to that word verification and having to log in every other blog, it’s enough to drive you crazy. I am that person who has to type the verification word three times to get it right.

I can’t say which is more important, because part of what makes posting fun is reading the comments, and a big part of that is leaving them. I try to post every other day, so that I have an evening to just read (especially since it takes me forever to write a post, at least an hour — tonight, an hour and half!)

I will say that I would rather have no comment than a comment that essentially means nothing, why go through the effort just to say ‘nice look’? That I can’t seem to understand. I also have trouble writing short comments, so I can understand how you never have the time to get to everyone!

11. Jessica says:

I know exactly how you feel! I try to respond to most of the comments and add my own two cents to blogs during the week and get my blog posts done during the weekend. But it feels like a part time job!

12. renr says:

Wow, thank you!!! I’m so honoured that you think that way T^T

Honestly, I feel you, especially when I can never get that word verified on the first try while commenting on blogspot 🙁

And I’d read your blog even if you don’t comment back! :DDD

13. northwest is best says:

You are being too sweet! The most important thing is you stay sane and don’t worry about returning comments or posting too much.

14. Eleh says:

i hear you about typing verification code 😀 it gets to me every time! anyway im on the same boat as well. but im more towards those who barely have time to post or visit blogs! gone were those days where i had plenty of time on my hands. oh well.

all the best to us both 😀

15. TZ (Sunny) says:

It shows heart that this issue crosses your mind. I say first and foremost, you blog. However, we’re also here to build community, so if and when you stumble across a kindred spirit, let them know! =D

16. Diana says:

Aww, thanks for the love! I’m finding it harder and harder to find time to comment on other blogs too. Since I started working full time, it’s harder to find the time for everything. I’m trying to work myself into a schedule where I write all my posts on the weekend, and focus on commenting during the week, but I often get really behind on my commenting.

17. Natasha says:

no worries! It can be tough for everyone.

18. Missa says:

Well, I’d just like to echo what the other two older and wiser sisters said, and we should know, being older and wiser, right? 😉