Jul 26 2010

Tell Me When You Hear My Silence

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 5:50 pm

I wore this outfit to the fireworks…. No not the current biweekly event but the Canada Day Fireworks…. On July 1st!! Gosh I am so behind with photos. There is even 10 more recently worn outfits to photograph. With everything that’s been going on in my life I have been still struggling to keep the blog regular, I am sure you’ve noticed. Have you been to The Eyeline lately? Because it’s not updated…. My goal has been to grow The Eyeline into something; make it bigger, better, bolder, minimum 12 posts a week *sigh*. I am still hoping to achieve that in the future. In between all the craziness I am dealing with there is also so many wonderful fun things, outdoor movie nights, beach days, biking, new friends. Lately my mood is either very high or so low, I’m trying to get back to that middle ground. I have been reading A New Earth, and it talks a lot about being steady and “this too shall pass” meaning to not get overly upset or too happy by events in your life. I feel like the book has been helpful just as The Road Less Traveled was to me a year ago. I like the ways they’ve helped me to open my mind, understand thought processes, be more positive and worry less. Basically an extension of the results I get from regular yoga and meditation.

Do you ever read “self-help” books? Any to recommend?

Black Silk Blouse, Free from Swap. Green Skirt & Feather Earrings, Etsy. Winners Suede Boots.

*Possibility, Lykke Li*

9 Responses to “Tell Me When You Hear My Silence”

At least your trying to catch up, if I miss an outfit, I just keep on moving forward.
    It’s hard to find a middle ground and stay there. Sometimes I feel like I can change moment to moment. One small thing can completely alter my mood.

I hope you are able to get where you want to be.

2. Natasha says:

You look really pretty in the last photo.
    Good luck with anything. 🙂

3. Tracy says:

that top is so the type of thing I like to wear! Hugs to you 🙂

4. Missa says:

Have you seen this film: http://whatthebleep.com/? It’s really interesting, and has a self-help message to it, you might be into it 🙂

5. Julia Luckett says:

I actually stay away form self help books, they kind of freak me out. I would suggest an amazing book of poems by Kahlil Gibran called The Prophet. It certainly has helped me!

Julia

P.s. I like those earrings.

6. Vanessa says:

I love your feather earrings!

~Vanessa from Smashion

7. teeny says:

I’m always really embarrassed to admit this, but i read “Fearless Living” by Rhonda Britten and at the time it really helped me …to stop being a scaredy cat and let go of some old bitterness…and to be my “authentic self”. Anyhoo, “this too shall pass” is also a mantra readily passed out to new mothers in the first coupla weeks of motherhood. did ya know that? Good luck with your journeys. Oh, and also, “Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert, is at least inspirational if not helpful.

8. Urooba says:

You look stunning!

9. Rachel says:

I have also been away from blogging…to do some really great “work” on myself. I cannot recommend The Art of Happiness (The Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler) more. It truly changed my life!