Jun 18 2010

Dry My Eye Don’t Let Me Fall Deeper Now

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 8:25 am

So I forgot to photo the second Metric outfit (whoops! It will be coming soon) but how about another workday look for your viewing pleasure? I saw this light beige dress hanging in the back of my closet, I totally forgot about it! I was really feeling the light colors so I just kept piling them on. Another look I really enjoyed. I like the idea of belting an oversized sweater and adding a thick scarf instead of wearing a coat. Yes I know itโ€™s June but our weather has been like October!! I keep wanting to book holidays (I saved up almost 2 weeks of vacation for this summer!) but the weather needs to be beachy for the days off to be worth it.

Is it summer where you are? This is a rhetorical question, I do not want a bunch of comments bragging about heatwaves. Only if it is snowing where you live may you write a comment referring to the weather. Thank you.

Thrifted Beige Floral Dress, Cream Sweater, Brown and Silver Belt and Loafers. Sea Bead Necklace, Ebay Lot. White Scarf, Le Chateau.

*Tonight, Lykke Li*

10 Responses to “Dry My Eye Don’t Let Me Fall Deeper Now”

1. joelle van dyne says:

gorgeous layering! you know i love the pale colors and lots of layers, so this is right up my alley. the print on the dress is exquisite.

I hope your weather turns soon, there isn’t much worse than being cold in June!

At least you can get some extra wears out of early spring pieces, I have half a dozen jackets for that of weather and typically about one week a year when they are wearable, since the weather tends to flip from frigid directly to hot.

I wish I could bundle up like you. My poor blazers haven’t seen the light of day in ages! I just love layers, and you do them well.

4. Kristin says:

Ummmm, we’ve seen the 100s…but by no means am I bragging. I can’t even take the dude out to play during the day. It’s brutal!

5. Kate & Zena says:

No, it’s not summer here. It’s like spring here in ye ol’ upper Midwest. It’s been thunderstorming for THREE DAYS. I give you one guess as to which of my namesake has been off in the Land of Tranquilized Sleep. Oh yea, I think her brain’s been on holiday in Hawaii.

If it isn’t storming, it’s literally 80-98% humidity and high 80s so it’s like walking through fly paper and so oppressive. It doesn’t help that humidity tends to clog my sensitive lungs too (bronchial asthma, for the world!). I’m dying, man, dying!!! Where’s the dry heat? I like dry heat!

BTW, I have a sweater like that in grey and I love it. It looks like mine is thinner material though.

6. Caboguy says:

– does standing REAL close to the shaved ice machine qualify as ‘snowing’? (ja,ja)

7. robyn says:

Love the dress, and I will keep my weather comments to myself. ๐Ÿ˜›

8. wardrobe experience says:

i love everything about this outfit!

9. Charlie says:

I have been loving belting cardigans as well, love this look.

P.S it is freezing here at the antipodes….