May 26 2010

What’s That They Say About Old Habits?

Category: Life,My OutfitsEyeliah @ 8:00 am

They Die Hard!

The hassle of figuring out my ‘new style’ can get the better of me, sometimes I just want to throw on my girliest ensemble and be done with it.  Ahh matching sweet outfits, reunited and it feels so good.  Upon inspection, this first outfit cost me only $30, and for the second only the $20 for the tights, thank you clothing swaps, thrift stores and Solestruck!  It’s really been forever since I shopped, with my jam packed closet and the occasional clothing swap party I have too much already.  It’s been working out really well as I kinda need the extra money for bills right now :-S and if I’m luck to have any leftover I’m saving it for travel.

What do you save your money for?

I went for a walk around the seawall Monday, okay I went for two walks, okay it was probably 5 hours of my day!

IMG_3067

IMG_3068

IMG_3071

IMG_3072

Look #1 Bitten Dress, Gift. AA Tights. Thrifted Grey Wool Sweater & Loafers.

Look #2 Red Jacket, Swap with Caroline. Purple Skirt, Free from Swap. AA Tights. Jeffrey Campbell Booties, Gift from Solestruck.

*Reunited, Peaches & Herb*

14 Responses to “What’s That They Say About Old Habits?”

1. Franca says:

Good for you! I’ve been buying lots and lots recently, I need to stop!

Those lickle grey booties are great!

2. Midnight Cowgirl says:

I love swapping! It’s such a great way to get new clothes without spending lots of money.

3. renr says:

I’m saving for travel as well! Am going to Japan this July for my grad trip so every single cent counts XD

I like to think of style as an evolving thing, having a new style would mean a slow process of changing your current one bit by bit until it looks completely different from the old one, so hey, there’s no need to stress out about trying to find out your new style 😛

4. Eli says:

Why do you insist on changing what you want though? No matter hold old or young you are!

Myself, am saving up to move 🙂

5. Retro Chick says:

Ah, you look gorgeous! You don’t need a new style!

6. Wicked Halo says:

Damn, how can you get outfits for so little??? The few vintage shops that exist here, are pretty expensive all things considering you might as well get something new!

7. Wanderlusting says:

I agree, I love your style.

Save money? I have no money to save sadly but if I did, it would be for travel as well because you can’t take that away from me!

PS Faith No More’s cover of Reunited is a million times better!

8. Jessica says:

Girly skirts and dresses are too fun to give up completely! I’m on a bit of a shopping ban myself. I need to save for a Cali vacation next week and, well, bills.

I save for the sake of saving. Anything that goes into my savings account never comes out again. With the exception of the macbook a year and a half ago. I just like knowing that the money is there, you know for dooms day or something.

10. Coco says:

Awh seawall walk is fun, I haven’t gone for awhile… really im way too lazy!

Lovely dress! oh and the second outfit was almost free?! wow! its super cute! 🙂

11. WendyB says:

I love that bright color combo.

Most of my money goes into my business! Not very fun even when one’s business is jewelry.

12. Amie says:

You always seem to have the most amazing shoes! I really want some new shoes at the moment, but sadly I can’t really afford any. I would save for them, but I’m already saving for prescription sunglasses and I don’t actually have a job right now. Otherwise I would totally be saving for travel. I’d love to travel through Europe one day.

13. Caboguy says:

– great picture of the ducks…did you walk in the steps?

Oh I love the first dress!

I am supposed to be saving for our coming house-projects and plane tickets, but I’m really not doing a great job at the moment… 🙂