May 08 2010

Saturday Dress Up ~ Beach Outfit Planning

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 11:10 am

What are your favorite summer spots?

When I found out so last minute I was going to Mexico of course the first thing I did was plan some outfits!  In fact these outfits didn’t make it on to the Cabo beaches when I decided they’d be more suited to a Vancouver summer (which p.s. is almost here).

This outfit is perfect for party central Wreck Beach (where I’ll be bringing my bongo). Colorful, carefree, a beat up lil pair of shoes that can handle the 500 steps down to the water and a book for the longer bus ride.

Look #1 Winners Navy Dress. Teal Tube Top, Stitches. Thrifted Lime Mesh Bag ($3) and Zig Zag Bangle ($2). Baby Blue Sunglasses, since teen years. Aldo Silver Ballet Flats.

This outfit is for Kits Beach, a bit more chic and ready to have lunch on their fantastic patios while taking in ‘the show‘ of fabulous looking people along the logs.

Look #2 Winners Navy Dress. Urban Outfitters Hat $5 Clearance. Teal Stone Earrings, Etsy. Oversized Vintage Sunglasses, Ebay. Mustard Sandals, Free from Swap.

6 Responses to “Saturday Dress Up ~ Beach Outfit Planning”

1. Urooba says:

OOOOOOOOO.
    *squeal*

this is such a cute, simple outfit!
    That mesh bag is rocking my world.

AND AREN’T YOU HAPPY WE’RE HAVING GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS WEATHER!?
    😀

I love you chic beach look, and your bright blue shades. I can’t wait for some actual summer, not like this fake spring-summer where it is 50 degrees in the morning, 75 for about ten seconds in the late afternoon, then back to 50 again.

My favorite summer spots — if I’m up for the hour and a half ride, misquamicut beach in Rhode Island is great – but sometimes the 15 minute walk to the town beach is a far better option. Or, perhaps my favorite, lying on a float in the pool completely alone, with my really, really old iPod (you know, just in case it were to fall in).

So when are you going to post some photos from mexico?

3. wardrobe experience says:

i can’t think about summer places this time because there is no
    summer in germany. i go green with envy while
    i see you wearing this cute beach outfit.

; )

xoxo
    wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

4. wardrobe experience says:

i can’t think about summer places this time because there is no
    summer in germany yet. i go green with envy while
    i see you wearing this cute beach outfit.

; )

xoxo
    wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

5. Jessica says:

I love your beach garb! I’m definitely ready for warm weather – it can’t come soon enough!

I really love that bracelet.
    My favorite summer spot will always be my family’s lake cabin. I have yet to go a summer without it.