Apr 17 2010

I Like To Be Unique

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 10:30 am

Another reason for this style change is that I like to be unique. Β It was one thing to in my high school or city stand out with my own unique style, but now I have opened myself up to the world and lately I feel my style has become less individual, almost like I am dressing like everyone else (gasps!). Β I definitely have been taking some inspirations from other bloggers and I need to step away from that and look elsewhere (and inward). Β I plan on spending a lot of time alone in my closet putting outfits together which has me really excited!!

Do you strive to have your own unique sense of style?

Close up and laughing outtake.

Thrifted Brown Turtleneck, Silver Buckle Brown Belt and Leopard Print Skirt. Hue Fishnet Tights. Winners Beige Boots.

14 Responses to “I Like To Be Unique”

1. Jenny says:

Thanks for this post, lady! I agree that the downside of fashion blogging is that you sometimes feel too influenced or too surrounded by fashionable influences and lose your own sense of style in the process. I’d love to take a step back and go inward and try to dress how I want again too!

Jenny

2. robyn says:

I can’t say I strive to dress uniquely or otherwise. I often find myself dressing as not to repeat something I have already worn on my blog, but that’s about it. BTW when your picture came up on my bloglovin feed today, my first thought was “Oh doesn’t she look saucy.” That’s right. Saucy.

3. Eline says:

I don’t consciously strive for a unique sense of style, really, I just like to wear what I think is cute/interesting. I have noticed that I do get somewhat influenced by people online though! And that I’ve started following trends (albeit mostly unconsciously) ever since I started following blogs that post about a lot of (new) designers, editorials and such. I don’t mind it, really! I treat the influence like a fresh of breath air. I get easily bored if I’m only looking inward, and not online.

That said, LOVE your outfit! It’s really simple but pretty and I always love animals prints! πŸ˜€

4. Hannele says:

Hiya lovelie,
    I have to say I am very impressed with your latest outfits, and this one tops it off!
    You look absolutely fantastic, just keep on being you!

5. Urooba says:

That is true! I think since I’ve started reading fashion blogs, I’ve been unknowingly influenced by them.
    And I don’t know if I STRIVE to have my own individual style–wait, actually I do. Huh.

BEETEEDOUBLEYEW, yo look bangin’ here. πŸ˜‰

6. Kyla says:

Oooh, I like this a LOT! It’s very mod-inspired and paired down. Good stuff!

7. Phuong says:

looks nice on you!

8. Bianca says:

I don’t think you dress like anyone else I know or see.

You mentioned that you dress differently from HS, your tastes may have just matured a little. πŸ™‚

Your outfits are super unique and flattering, and NEVER scream, “hey look at me, I am trying to be unique and different”, which is a hard balance to achieve. πŸ™‚

Very nice outfit today BTW!! Love it. πŸ™‚

9. Yaryy says:

cute skirt!
    beautiful..
    Yaryy.

10. Kristin says:

I’m with you on being unique! I like what I like and I draw inspiration from everywhere, but in the end I only put on my bod what I feel good in.

11. Diana says:

I love that leopard print skirt! I think that you have a very unique sense of style. I too, draw inspiration from a lot of the blogs I read, but ultimately it’s about taking little elements that you like and incorporating them into your own personal style. I think you do that well.

12. Eyeliah says:

Thank you so much everybody, your support means the world to me.

13. Leproust says:

I love your laughing outtake!! So cute!

14. Beck says:

I *love* this outfit – its so soft & chic! To answer the question, I do strive to be unique, but lately I feel like I’ve been experimenting more to see what exactly my sense of style could be classified as. It’s been a fun process, to say the least.