Apr 15 2010

Swedish Hasbeens

Category: I ShopEyeliah @ 8:10 am

I had a pair of classic clogs in high school, they were a solid black pair from Aldo and I wore them 2 years straight until they were completely stretched out.  Then I found 5 inch (!!) vintage brown peep toe wedges that I wore until the straps gave out.  They were the perfect compliment to my halloween disco costume in Grade 11 since I also had red velvet pants and a gold mirrored top.  The best thing about clogs was going ‘clop, clop, clop’ down the high school halls, I remember it drove everyone nuts.  While posting Ellenitza’s as a Divine Dresser I noticed the fabulous clogs she was wearing were tagged as ‘Swedish Hasbeens’.  My first thought was they were vintage Swedish shoes that I’d have no chance at getting my hands on.  Now I wasn’t all wrong, reading their about us page tells the tale of discovering 300 pairs of vintage clogs.  And their store finder says I can find Swedish Hasbeens in Vancouver at Gravity Pope and Umeboshi, on it.

My first pair were the same shape as the Hasbeens Slip In Stitched, except they were studded not stitched.

Slip in - Stitched

Current favorites;

Braided Sky HighPeep toe Sky High

Low pairs that suit everyday needs;

Click here to see more Swedish Hasbeens.

11 Responses to “Swedish Hasbeens”

How I pine for a pair of those minty green or candy pink sandals… Alas, I could never justify spending so much on a pair of shoes, the way I go through them. I’ve already worn holes in my Aldo flats. I don’t believe Aldo is very good quality.

2. Eline says:

Yesss! I’ve seen these online too and they are SO CUTE! My favourites are your current favourites + those lace up boots! Too cute.

3. Casey says:

I have been drooling over these since I first saw them pop up on someone’s blog! Specifically the sandal versions; they look so comfortable and I love the vintage vibe. Ack! If I could only figure out a way to afford them… haha!

4. Caboguy says:

– I bought a pair of clogs in Amsterdan & wore them to work – were quite the footwear with a suit!
    – the noise was very loud and the shoes were very comfortable.

Oh, the red ones, the red ones! Want and need! 🙂

6. Teeny says:

Oh, totally love this post; thanks for sharing. I love the low brown ones for practicality. They are becoming very very tempting.

7. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

I’d love to get a pair, but they are sooooo expensive!! I’m on the prowl for similar styles that are a bit cheaper. No luck finding Hasbeens on Ebay so far!

8. Rachel says:

I love the girlie pastel ones. Seems to balance out the rough wood soles. I can dream, but doubting anything like this in my future. Sigh.

9. Midnight Cowgirl says:

I like the woven strap pair! Perfect for springtime!

10. Missa says:

We’ve all got clog fever these days! I’d love a pair of Hasbeens but am continuing my search for the perfect vintage 70’s pair 😀

11. Retro Chick says:

I used to have a pair of clogs years ago. They were ugle but comfy!

I really don’t like the Hasbeens, or all the clogs that are around at the moment, I’m not loving it. Too clumpy.

Those nude wedges aren’t too bad though, hadn’t seen them before