Apr 15 2010

Freedom of Expression

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 7:00 pm

I was happy to see your answers to the poll were mostly ‘whatever makes you happy’ :-), I appreciate the support, thank you. As per your questions, to tell you more about where this style change is coming from and it is a variety of sources and I will try to explain them all through a series of posts. Today I will tell you that I feel my inspirations moving into a new direction. I am interested in flowy garments, ethnic prints, bohemian 1970s vibes as well as an opposite to that with neutrals, stripes, sharp and clean lines. My objective is to dress with no fuss. It’s not about mixing and matching many different elements, its about choosing a few key pieces and making a great outfit out of it. So instead of wearing my favorite floral skirt with a feminine blouse, cute leggings and a pretty scarf, I would like to mix it with neutrals and basics. Taking my matchy 1950s aline silhouettes and replacing them with the freedom of expression founded in the 1970s.

What’s inspiring you right now?

These pleated pants are still proving to be a challenge.  The only think I can think to do is mix them with pretty blouses.
All Thrifted; Ruffle Polka Dot Blouse, Floral Scarf worn as Obi, Pleated Pants and Loafers.

8 Responses to “Freedom of Expression”

1. Eli says:

Hailey I would love to see you in some heels 🙂 I dont know why either.

Im totally about wearing what you want when you want. Freedom of expression right on!

2. Missa says:

I think your new style ideas sound awesome and I’m curious to see how you execute them! As for these pants, have you tried maybe rolling them up to a more cropped length and doing an ankle boot with them? That is a lovely blouse 🙂

3. Sally says:

I second Missa’s suggestion – maybe cuffing them will make them more versatile? But the gorgeous blouse route is a good one, too!

4. Eyeliah says:

Thanks Eli, unfortunately my physiotherapist made me give up heels a few years ago. 🙁 It makes me so sad still.
    Sally & Missa; too funny, right before posting I took out a line about how I tried to cuff them but the interior lining got in the way. I will have to find a way to pull that off. 🙂 thanks so much!

5. wardrobe experience says:

nice pants… love how you paired them with this awesome blouse….

xoxo

6. Amie says:

Your blouse is beautiful, I’m so jealous! Just read your comment about not being able to wear heels. I feel your pain. My rheumatologist told me the same a few years back. I still break them out very occasionally because I’m stubborn, but I wore a pair for a few hours yesterday and my body is not at all happy now.

7. Sarah says:

Love the shirt, especially paired with the ‘Obi’, very creative, I originally thought it was part of the shirt.

8. Eline says:

I love this, especially the floral top mixed with the obi! And you really pull of those pants! I can’t wait to see how your style will evolve 😀