Apr 14 2010

Your Heart Was An Open Book

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 5:50 pm

This outfit is perfectly simple and 75% vintage, I am quite happy with how it turned out. Since it is still too chilly for capris this will have to wait a bit longer to be worn publicly.  And that is all I have to say today (lol).

As you may have noticed, many of my posts tend to be short and sweet on words.  I attribute that to many reasons like trying to decide on topics, not being the best writer, laziness (*cough*) and of course time.  Another goal of mine is to wrangle these obstacles and post lengthy entries from time to time.  Instead of waiting for me to wow you with the written word as that may take decades (hopefully not literally) please read thoroughly a recent post from Franca, The Waves and Audi. These lovely bloggers never post just an outfit and are always a good read.

Which bloggers writing style do you enjoy the most?

Thrifted Vintage Striped Blouse, Thin Brown Belt and Loafers. Black Capri Pants, Suzy Shier.

*Live and Let Die, Guns N Roses*
What can I say, GnR on repeat in my house.  During their current tour there is a lot of pyro during this song.

16 Responses to “Your Heart Was An Open Book”

1. Tracy says:

Okay, may I puhhhleeez have that top? pretty please? lol, j/k but I do really like that cut so much and want some tops like that. Looks so cute with that belt!

2. Bianca says:

Oooh beautiful! This is so lovely. Love the top, belt, pants etc. Nice silhouette! 🙂

3. jocelyne says:

your outfits have been SOO Good lately! I have been searching for some similar pedal pusher pants to no avail yet, but I am determined!!

4. Urooba says:

Oh this is is a cute outfit! A cute outfit, indeed.

Thanks so much for the link! You know, I often wonder whether anyone actually has the energy to read through my ramblings, but at least you do, yay! 🙂

My own favourite blogs to read are The Girl Who Married a Bear, A Cat of Impossible Colour, and of course, Sal’s Already Pretty – her posts are always so thought-provoking. There are others, of course, but those three come to mind at this very second. You post every day, often more than once, so I really don’t blame you for leaving the writing side of things short every once in a while, and hey, at least your outfits are always, ALWAYS, exciting. The blouse is so pretty, and I love the way you tied the belt!

6. jesse.anne.o says:

That top is really sweet. I like this outfit.

7. Clare says:

That tunic is great, and I LOVE the knotted belt.

8. Janiece says:

Thanks, you’ve just solved a Belt Dilemma for me! Nice chic look.

9. Franca says:

Oh, thanks for the linkage! I wish i could do thinky posts more often, but they do take ages to prepare! I’ll often spend weeks thinking about something before i get round to posting about it. And my outfit posts never have any writing in it at all! For proper wordy blogs, I love threadbared.

10. Sara says:

Oh that shirt is all sorts of fabulous! I love it belted. And I love the writing (and style) of A Cat of Impossible Colour, Already Pretty, Jentine from My Edit… there are many, but those are three of my favorites.

11. robyn says:

I love it when bloggers are funny. I cannot stand high and might 23 year old girls with amazing style, but no sense of humor… and trust me, there are many. You my dear are a delight. The simple fact that you post goofy outtakes makes you a joy to read.

12. Caboguy says:

– that’s a great top – I like the double buttons!

13. Teeny says:

That shirt looks great on you.
    As to your question? I’m sure most of us have a gazillion blogs to read and sometimes a few punchy words and a great photo say it all. I like popping into your blog; succinct, and great pics.

14. Audi says:

Thanks for linking me! Like The Waves, I also sometimes wonder if people have the energy or the time to read my posts, so I try to mix up short and sweet posts among the meatier ones. But sometimes I TRY to keep them short and sweet, and then find myself rambling on anyway… LOL

15. Kyla says:

I love this. That belted blouse looks phenomenal on you!

16. Jessica says:

This outfit is so good – great tying of the belt!

I agree with some of the other commenters – keeping it short and sweet is best. Sometimes I just skim my Google Reader because I don’t have time to read everyone’s post in its entirety, but I always appreciate photos with a few well-chosen words.