Apr 13 2010

Zip Your Lips Like a Padlock

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:30 pm

The second photo made me laugh.

After wearing only neutral colors yesterday I wanted to see if I could style this colorful skirt simply. With my current sense of style normally I’d need to add a matching cardigan, a hat or better yet electric blue tights (oh that would have been cute!) but since I am attempting to simplify I stopped short. On the flip side, to go even further down the simplicity rabbit hole this bright blue top should have been swapped out for a neutral color, I think black or navy. Looking at the outfit now, I’d classify it as inbetween my current style and my future style. This is going to be a tricky transition but I look forward to the challenge. I know there will be days I’ll revert back to my girly pattern mixing layers in fact I may decide to revert back permanently and that is okay too. But I wouldn’t be living up to my header title ‘exploring the reaches of personal style’ if I choose not to venture.

A quick poll because they are fun.

Blue Ruffled T-Shirt, Stitches. Paisley Skirt, Free from Swap. Butterfly Magnet Clip, Gift from Etsy. Brown Cord, off Eyelet Dress. Winners Beige Boots.

*Blah Blah Blah, Ke$ha*
Seriously so many good lyrics for a title, “I wanna dance with no pants on”, “meet me in the back with the jack and the jukebox”, “so just hush baby shut up”.

8 Responses to “Zip Your Lips Like a Padlock”

1. jocelyne says:

You look great!! What a great skirt!!

2. Retro Chick says:

I loove that blue! It’s gorgeous.

3. Eline says:

Why are you changing your style? I love it the way it is. Also, adore that electric blue top!

4. Wicked Halo says:

I like that you’re trying to change your style. I think provided you’re doing it for the right reason, as a sort of personal challenge, for fun and most of all selfishly for yourself (and not because someone wants you to, or you’re not trendy/fashionable enough according to “standards”or what not), it can be great! I should try simplifying as well…sometimes I’m aware I’m going overboard, but it’s just stronger than me ah ah…
    Also, I really like the second pic, it’s kinda of artsy in a fun carefree kinda of way 🙂 You should try more of these!

5. Sara says:

I adore the bright blue with the printed skirt. Such a fun pairing – very fresh.

I am very curious about the style change! I have changed mine a lot within the past year or so, but it hasn’t been a conscious choice at all, I have sort of just drifted to a different direction. It is fascinating to me that you seem to have such a clear vision of where you want to be with your style in the future, because more often than not, people just go through random phases without even thinking about it. Keep posting about this topic, because it is really interesting!

7. Tracy says:

I love the electric blue! I like your bold colors and pattern mixing, but I understand your wanting to explore the reaches!

8. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

Everybody needs a change now and then! Love your choices here– esp the butterfly necklace… I like that the boots “blend in” and don’t compete with your other colors!