Apr 12 2010

Striped Legs Cravings

Category: InspirationEyeliah @ 8:05 am

Striped Tights and Socks!
Horizontal stripes add a fairytale feel, vertical stripes create length and bring a lighter touch of quirkiness.

Half Pasta Freckle and Pansy Lane

Victoriana216

Joelle of The Owls and via The Sartorialist

Lucy in the 7th Sky and via The Eyeline

Vintage Vivant and Made By Tess

11 Responses to “Striped Legs Cravings”

1. robyn says:

I love most of the horizontal striped tights. I’m not sure they would be flattering on everyone, but they are fun and whimsical. The vertical stripes always remind me of cancan dancers. I guess that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 🙂

2. Ashe Mischief says:

I love this for showing off inspiring stripe use! When I think of black and white striped stockings, I can’t help but feel like a 15 year old goth… but these showcase some flattering and unique means of wearing them…

3. joelle van dyne says:

hey, thanks for the owls shout-out! i searched high and low for those vertically-striped tights.

i really love the 1st pic in this series- the pale blue dress w/ the black and white tights.. it’s very alice-in-wonderland-esque.

4. Rachel says:

They make any normal outfit super whimsical! I like the selection of photos you used to illustrate this.

5. deka says:

i love these!
    but am not brave enough to wear them myself :-/

6. victoriana216 says:

Awww thanks for the mention! I love all of these!! So wonderfully whimsical…but of course, I’m always in favor of striped tights in most situation 🙂

7. Missa says:

Yay stripy legs! I’d love a pair of the horizontally striped tights, they’re very cool looking.

8. Miss Tess says:

Thank you for including me! I am super inspired by these other stripey stocking styles! Esp Pansy Lane’s pinky ones!

9. Julia says:

Thanks for adding me here! Although I must admit, I wasn’t brave enough to wear them again since then 🙂

10. halfpastafreckle says:

I cannot believe I am on here with so many wonderful ladies! Thank you so much!

11. 5orangepotatoes says:

Thanks for sharing my sister- Half Past a Freckle. This is my favorite pic of her!
    lisa