Mar 31 2010

I Must Be Looking For Something

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 3:00 pm

When I was a teenager I successfully kept track of all my dreams in a journal for about a year.  One day I met this insightful girl who wanted to read through it and give me her thoughts on what it all meant.  I handed it over to her only slightly reluctantly, sadly and inevitably I never saw my journal again. Even though the written account was lost I can still remember many of my dreams from that time as the act of writing them down and rereading helped cement the adventures into my brain. Since my dreams lately have been as topsy and turvy as those days (14 years old, now 28 coincidence?) I’ve started keeping track of my dreams in a notebook again.

Tell me about a recent dream you had?
Do you record your dreams?

Today I wanted to wear stripes, so I overdosed.

Thrifted Grey Striped Skirt and Jazz Shoes. Blue Striped Sweater, Free from Swap. Striped Belt, off Capris. McGregor Blue Tights. Vintage Sea Bead Necklace.

*River of Dreams, Billy Joel*

16 Responses to “I Must Be Looking For Something”

1. Suz says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. It’s perfect. Stripes are my favorite pattern. I would dress in all stripes for the rest of my life if I could.

2. Eli says:

I totally love this look on you. That sweater is just “wow” on you!!

I’ve been having all sorts of fantastical dreams for the past two or three months too. It’s been driving me crazy. Usually they are really wacky, with strange things and sitations happening. The other day thought I had a really vivid dream with Henry Rollins the musician and I swear at one point I could feel the sun on my face in the dream. I woke up in total awe of this super realistic dream. I think it’s the mercury retrograde?

3. Chelsea says:

this outfit is the cat’s pajamas. i love it! and I’ve been remembering my weirdo dreams a lot lately. last week I dreamt that I was at my aunt’s house and there was a huge snake and she chopped the head off, but the snake was still alive and my cousin insisted it had to have reached downtown LA by then, but then he hinted that animal control came and took it away (one time when I was visiting there was a big rattle snake and animal control came and chopped its head off and put the rest in a baggie where it writhed… so I guess I was just remembering that incident and making it five million times creepier). I don’t record my dreams anymore, but I used to as a kid. I wanted to be a lucid dreamer (still do!).

4. WendyB says:

The fact that someone stole your dream book is going to give me nightmare.

5. RockandCouture says:

Love your outfit!

I make note of what repeats in my dreams: bodies of water, orca whales, cougars stalking me in the woods, tall ships, my teeth falling out, not being in control of the car I am driving (example is I’m in the back seat trying to steer), and shopping. And in those shopping dreams I find just what I’m looking for, but while I keep searching my perfect item turns into something else, like a scooby doo stuffed animal and I can’t seem to find what I really wanted again. They can be quite stressful.
    PS- your necklace is beautiful.

7. jocelyne says:

This outfit is so slimming on you, what a fun mix of stripes too!!

I have dreams that I feel like I’ve had before when I wake up, but can’t remember if I actually had them, or if I just dreamed that I had them.

I sometimes write them down, but when I go to look at them again, they never feel familiar.

I enjoy your stripe OD, you’re so cute!

9. robyn says:

I rarely remember my dreams, but the boy will often tell me about them. I am a crazy sleep talker. I can have full conversations while fast asleep. He’s a good listener, and likes to tell me as much as he can remember.

10. Caboguy says:

– maybe she will return your journal now? – cool outfit for a cool evening!

11. Kyla says:

Wow! This looks amazing on you! Great shapes!

12. Missa says:

Love the stripes! And wait a minute, some girl actually stole your dreams, literally? That’s terrible, and a little bit funny to actually have had your dreams stolen, but mostly just terrible 😉 It’s cool that you still remember some though. I haven’t been remembering mine lately.

13. marta says:

Somebody stole your dream book? Wow, that’s mean, you should track her down and have the police arrest her, lol

14. Shay says:

what a super flattering outfit! The shape of the skirt is just right and the belt is an excellent touch. I had a dream I was in Turkey last night.

15. Eyeliah says:

Everyone seems so upset about it! I guess I really was until I was 15 or 16, but it’s all okay now 😉

16. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

Woah—- I’m loving this outfit!! The mixing of stripes looks fantastic! I can’t believe anyone would steal your dream journal, how sucky!! I had a dream last night that I had people staying over in a guest bedroom and that when I went in to see how everyone was settling in I was shocked and dismayed to see a toilet in the middle of the room that I had apparently forgotten to put in the bathroom before the guests showed up and that people were using it anyway!!! Needless to say, it wasn’t connected to a sewage system so the carpet was quickly becoming disgusting… why do I have these dreams, I really can’t say!!