It wasn’t that long ago I first heard of the fabulous sisters of Beckerman Bite Plate, in fact it was in a post on Thrift Eye only 6 weeks ago! That night I spent hours pouring over their outfit styling and turned into an overnight die hard fan, kind of like the first time you listen to The Kills you are just hooked. Samantha, Chloe and Caillianne were kind enough to send me their answers to the Symmetry Seven, do enjoy a bite below.
1. What would you name your personal style? A Hodgepodge of Happiness !!!
2. Is there anything you wouldn’t wear? Well, all of us would pretty much wear everything! Tee hee! But… we do have this rule about smell and vintage clothing! We do not wear anything that smells like mildew or mothballs hhaha! Thats our only fashion rule! Even if we are in love with it! The smell usually never comes out! and who really wants to look cute and smell like a dirty old monkey? Not me!!!
3. Where do you get your outfit inspirations? We are inspired by all things- like movies, vintage mags, friends, music, museums etc… I think in order to get inspired you really have to be open to everything.
For example: You are on a roadtrip and you decide to use the gas station bathroom (Yikes!!!) Once you are in there you and notice the vintage wallpaper on the walls. And then you remember that you have a dress that has a similar floral pattern. Then you take a look at the faucets and they are gold and you think…. Wow I have gold shoes to go with this dress! And then there is a dark blue plastic garbage and it reminds you to put on some plastic blue bangles. Then you walk outside and you are still thinking about this amazing outfit and you notice a orange truck. And you think… wow I should put on some orange slouch socks under my gold shoes. And on top of it you then walk to your car and you accidentally left the radio on and Def Leopard is blasting through the roof, and you think to yourself.. All I need with this outfit is a leopard clutch.. and it would be rockin’! Now all I have to do is write it down before I forget!
4. What’s your favorite non fashion hobby? Tap dancing, and cycling!
5. How much time do you spend working on your blog? Probably two hours a day! Cause for some reason it takes a very long time!
6. What songs/albums are you loving right now? For some strange reason we keep listening to these songs: Hear me sing by AM & Buddy, Where They never say your name by Eilen Jewell, Psychic City Classixx remix by Yacht, Heart Skipped a beat by the XX, Home by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
A couple bonus looks via Samantha and Caillianne.
7. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? fashion designers!!! Hell ya!
Beckerman Girls thank you so much for participating!!
Also see Symmetry Seven with
Audi of Fashion for Nerds
Diana of Hot Chocolate and Mint
Siri of Ringo Have a Banana
Rhiannon of Liebemarlene Vintage
Dressed Up Like a Lady
The Clothes Horse
Beth Jones of The Vintage Society
Susie of Style Bubble
Jennine of The Coveted