Mar 09 2010

Love It Would Be Much Better

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 12:00 pm

Having the weekend off from blogging really helped me to get some things organized and I started off this week much more relaxed. I even had the time to plan a half dozen outfits, I’m really inspired by rich textures, pattern mixing, bold jewelry and jewel tones. I hope that I can bring this across in my outfits for the next couple of weeks. Also Gossip Girl is back on the air (and they opened with Serena dressed in bowed gloves and grey tones *le sigh*) as well as my guilty pleasure Tuesdays (90210 and Melrose Place) and ANTM (get ready for more recap posts!). I don’t how tv land expects me to go from watching barely any to 4 hours a week, we will have to see how it goes.

How much television do you watch and what shows?

Snakeskin Dress, Free from Swap. Studded Belt, Ebay. Sequin Beret, Ardene. Lace Cami, Fairweather. Gold Bangle, ?. Spring Sequin Shoes.

*A Sight To Behold, Devendra Banhart*
As the show is drawing closer I am getting more and more excited.

19 Responses to “Love It Would Be Much Better”

1. WildBird says:

Loving the belt-dress combo. AND you look really relaxed and happy, the time off worked I’d say. I love ANTM, though I have missed the last couple of seasons. Sometimes when I am taking outfit pics I get Jay Manuel’s voice in my head…

2. Sally says:

Marvelous! The belt and dress were MADE for each other.

3. Missa says:

I love the toughness of the studded belt and snakeskin print with the softness of the flowy dress. At first I thought it was a floral print which would be an awesome pairing too, something to try, maybe I’ll keep that in mind for when I’m styling your outfit 😉

We don’t get cable but we do watch certain shows online or through netflix: The Office, Mad Men, 30 Rock, Weeds, Lost.

4. Leproust says:

Gorgeous dress!

I always take the weekend off from blogging (I still read them, I just don’t update my own)! As far as television goes, we really just watch 24, lost, and project runway. It is either tv off, or netflix the remainder of the time! I used to watch WAY more, but my husband has been such a good influence on me!

5. Kyla says:

Holy crap I love this! It’s so simple, but the hat and that BELT just make it so cool!

6. girlxoxo says:

Love the belt! I watch various amounts of tv – sometimes it’s just background noise, but my guilty pleasure if real Housewives of … everywhere.

7. Beck says:

Nice! The snake print looks great with all the hardware. It’s really dramatic

Honestly, I really dont watch TV – occasionally my BF and I will tune in to some episodes of No Reservations or old Dead Like Me on Netflix, but during the week I’ll watch whatever happens to be on at the gym when I’m doing my cardio, but I never have headphones plugged into their system so I can’t hear whats going on anyways (though it makes for interesting interpretations of what I think is going on)

I watch way too much tv, and honestly I can’t even keep up anymore now that I devote so much of my evening to reading blogs. But the shows that I always make time for are Burn Notice, Chuck, and Castle – basically the shows that always put me in a great mood. Lost would have been on the list, but this season is really letting me down.

and i love that belt so much!

9. robyn says:

Outfit is great as usual, but I am more impressed with that first photo. You were on today. That is a gorgeous picture.

10. jentine says:

Ah! I love the dress and belt! You pull off the difficult length of the dress very well! Ok, I admit, though I don’t plan for it, I find myself often caught up in the 90210 and GG web.

11. jocelyne says:

Love this outfit, I think it is one of my favorites of yours. I watch some tv, but also lots of dvd’s. I love madmen, true blood, project runway and all the silly bravo shows.

12. jocelyne says:

Did you already see Devendra or are you still waiting, I’m confused. He is so dreamy!

13. Diana says:

I love Devendra, so jealous you get to see him 🙂

14. Wicked Halo says:

Were you inspired by that amazing lady that won best costume design at the oscars? 🙂 Loved that bracelet overload she was wearing…

I don’t watch much tv…I watch antm when it’s on tv (which is not right now), dexter, project runway, gossip girl, desperate housewives and occasionally fringe, but I guess that’s pretty much it

15. joelle van dyne says:

gorgeous dress! i love the slightly longer length, and the belt was a nice added touch for a mix of patterns.

I really like that belt.
    As far as tv goes, I do not have cable, which is to say I do not have anything broadcasting through my television set. I come from a small town that you cannot just hook bunny ears up and get the basic channels, you have to have cable to get anything. People here in the big city do not understand that. They think I’m very weird for not buying an antenna to get the basic ten channels, plus all those hispanic bible ones. I don’t much like tv anymore. They canceled my beloved Gilmore girls, Veronica Mars, Pushing Daisies and (before all that) Everwood, so tv is sort of on my shit list. Plus, commercials are so awful.

17. HarryMcK says:

Cute look, also, seriously looking forward to America’s Next Top Tyra. I haven’t seen a ‘smize’ in months!

Wow, that dress is so bold, but oh my you pull it off so well!

I lived without a tv for years and tried to persuade my husband to give up his when we moved in together, but he really didn’t want to let go of it… I try to not watch too much tv, but it is hard when you have one in the house! I love old movies so TCM is dangerous, and I do watch every episode of Project Runway. I’m looking forward to ANTM though, it is my guilty pleasure!

19. Clare says:

Oh gosh. I watch WAY too much TV. I was never allowed to watch TV growing up, so I have totally binged on it since becoming a grown-up. I’ve backed off a bit now, but I still watch a lot. My faves are Heroes, The Office, 30 Rock, Grey’s Anatomy, ANTM (though I haven’t watched it in awhile), and a few other secretly nerdy shows. Yay for TV!

Anyway, I love the print on that dress!