Mar 08 2010

My Oscar Best & Worst Dressed

Category: MediaEyeliah @ 2:45 pm

First off I’d go hands down Sandy Powell was the best dressed of the night but alas I could not find a photo of the three time Oscar winning Costume Designer, she had arms of bangles though. Edit: photo found on IMDB here.

Best!

Making 45 (yes 45) plus look amazing!
Demi Moore, Sandra Bullock

They are over 60 and still knockouts, wow!
Helen Mirren, Sigourney Weaver

Not very many bold colors, lots of soft and pretty.
Cameron Diaz, Rachel McAdams

The Up in the Air girls were stunning.
Vera Farmiga, Anna Kendrick

When unstylish clothes happen to stylish people.
Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana and Charlize Theron

Worst Dressed!
The bottom of this dress and the bracelet are so pretty, the rest of it as well as Mileys bad attitude on the red carpet (she was complaining about her heels) and poor posture were just the worst.

Who were your choices for Best and Worst Dressed?

Also check out last years post, if you are interested.

13 Responses to “My Oscar Best & Worst Dressed”

1. Kristin says:

Loved loved loved Demi and Sandy!!! AND Diane. We can’t always agree. Ah ha ha

2. deka says:

Sigourney Weaver fell flat for me – kinda blah
    I think she could have done better.

I dont know what’s up with Miley’s posture… strange

I like Demi’s dress, but it looks too tight at the top

3. Ebony says:

I loved Sandra the most. This is the first shot I’ve seen of Anna Kendrick – she is a knockout in that colour! Wow
    I HATED the top of Miley’s dress! Why did she have her boobs pushed up and out? She’s what? 17? Eurgh!
    Cam looks great in that photo and I loved the colour of her dress, lipstick, hair but it really didn’t sit right on her in the footage. I felt it was a bit tight and probably not the right cut to show off her wonderful athletic figure.
    “When Unstylish Clothes Happen To Stylish People” HAHA < Love this!

I loved Sandra’s dress because it was beautiful and not strapless. Strapless is so overdone and overrated.
    Miley’s bodice looked like something you’d pickup at a cheap lingerie store. Yuck.

5. Kelly says:

Loved Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet and Helen Mirren! Sarah Jessica Parker looked scary, so bony and orange. Worse hair goes to George Clooney and Matthew Broderick, ew – time for a haircut dudes! Maybe Miley was slouching ‘cos she was scared her boobs were going to fall out of her bodice?

6. Leproust says:

I thought Sandra Bullock’s dress was so incredible! Everything about her look was gorgeous!

7. Nicole says:

I absolutely LOVED Vera Farmiga’s dress. The ruffles were amazing & the Oscars was the event to wear that dress to! So stunning!

Sigourney Weaver looked great! I liked Kristen Stewart. It was the best I’ve seen her to date. I also liked Gabby Sidibe’s dress. I believe last night was the best she’s also looked thus far.

I was so disappointed in Charlize’s dress. Whyyyy??? The rosettes looked INCREDIBLY TACKY. She’s better than that. Hated Zoe’s dress. It was just too much for me. Diane Kruger. WTF? HOT MESS!

8. Jessica says:

Miley should have worn something a little more age-appropriate instead of nearly exposing her upper half!

I just love Cameron Diaz’s dress – she was gorgeous!

9. Wicked Halo says:

100% with you on the unstylish section, gorgeous ladies who just didn’t manage to make an impact, or did it in the wrong way, I’m sorry to say! All the others I pretty much agree with you

I loved Sandy Powell’s dress, and the overall style, she was stunning! I also liked Maggie Gyllenhaal’s print dress. Totally agree on Miley Cyrus (ugh, such bad posture!) and Cameron Diaz being the worst dressed.

11. Tracy says:

Sandra Bullock looks awesome! Love her! I didn’t realize that she’s actually older than I am (I’m 38). She looks amazing!

12. The Clothes Horse says:

I actually really love Diane Kruger’s dress! 🙂

Oops, I meant Charlize Theron, not Cameron Diaz! For whatever reason I always confuse the two, despite one being talented as an actress and the other really forced. This time, the tables were turned though – yay for Cameron and nay for Charlize! 🙂