Mar 03 2010

Let’s Do It & Do It & Do It

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 12:45 pm

So I am finally wearing the ballerina blouse, I’ve posted a few times and even submitted to The Coveted about how I find it hard to wear.  I decided to take it for a whirl even though it is still as confusing to me as ever.

Thrifted Purple 80s Earrings $1 and Velvet Bow Flats. Garage Camisole. Deep Red Tights, ?. Bluenotes Black Eyelet Skirt. Ballerina Blouse, 5 years ago on Ebay.

*I’ve Got a Feeling, Black Eyed Peas*
Still bouncing through my head after all the Olympic overplay.

13 Responses to “Let’s Do It & Do It & Do It”

1. Missa says:

It’s such a pretty blouse. I had a similarly shaped handpainted silk top that I never wore for the same reason. I ended up finally getting rid of it years ago but now that you’ve made me think about it I’m wishing I still had it!

I think it actually might be really cute paired with jeans and a pair of boots sort of bohemian style 🙂

2. Franca says:

It is quite random! very cool though, never seen anything like it!

3. Sally says:

Such a pretty piece, but I can see how it’s challenging. The colors in the print are GORGEOUS on you!

4. Diana says:

This looks so great on you- I’m always weary of bat wings, but the pink makes it very feminine!

I read all the other submissions at the Coveted; I have a skirt that’s been in my closet for nearly 10 years that I don’t know how to style and wont get rid of.

I think you did a great job with the ballerina blouse – it certainly is tough to style and too pretty to part with.

6. Kyla says:

Ooooh – that blouse is really cool! I love it over a simple LBD.

7. Kate & Zena says:

Ballerina blouses are meant to be worn with the ‘v’ in the back, so you need to flip the blouse around. It has to do with the back being sexy or something or it being easier to have the back open so the dancer can move freely; I don’t remember. I think the best way to wear this is with a pair of dark denim jeans and a light pink or blue tanktop underneath with flats. The blouse is a little too big on you. I’d actually shorten the tie so it fits the way it’s supposed to fit which is fitted to your body.

8. Emma Wallace says:

It does look difficult to wear but i love how floaty and romantic it is! You look lovely in those jewel colors.

9. Caboguy says:

Kate & Zena have a good comment – try it with the V in the back & let us know what you think …

10. Tracy says:

Very unique! I like the floaty feel. It looks like you’re wearing it the way it is meant to be worn–I can see how it might need adjustment throughout the day, but it’s cool!

I can definitely see that the top is not the easiest thing to wear – it look beautiful but the shape is challenging. You did a good job here though!

12. Clare says:

The ballerina blouse is so fun! I love it.

13. Charlie says:

Wow what an interesting piece, look gorgeous on you!