Feb 11 2010

Plato’s Atlantis

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

I am truly saddened by the news that my favorite designer Alexander McQueen has died, reportedly by his own hand.  I know this story will be everywhere so I will leave it at that. RIP

Thrifted Wool Blouse, $1, Plaid Skirt and Blue Nurse Shoes. McGregor Navy Tights.

*Alexander McQueen, Spring Summer 2010 Part II*

14 Responses to “Plato’s Atlantis”

I was shocked to hear about McQueen. I knew he was troubled, but I guess these types of things are never something one expects to happen.

On a happier note: wow, I love the sweater! The collar is really beautiful!

2. Diana says:

I was saddened to hear about McQueen as well.

On the lighter side, I love your plaid skirt.

3. Retro Chick says:

I’m so sad about it. I loved Alexander McQueen, he was the bad boy of fashion when I was just getting into it properly, but a bit of a rebel in the mid 90s. I feel so genuinely sad.

I don’t normally post when people die as I have nothing to add to the story, but today I posted about this.

(You look great though 😉 )

4. girlxoxo says:

What a great find on the wool top. Nice 🙂

5. Kristen says:

I think your plaid skirt is a nice nod to mcqueen…

6. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

I didn’t believe it when I first heard. Just goes to show you that just because you have all the talent, fame and money in the world, doesn’t mean you’re happy.

7. mamushkamarie says:

i just heard myself. i’m so sad as he was one of my favorites too, it came as such a shock…:(
    how does one segway from such an uphappy topic to the cuteness of your outfit? heh, i suppose there is no other way to do it but to say that you look adorable! i love teal and red together right now…
    xo,
    Claire

8. Kionon says:

I simply linked it and went on. No need to discuss it at length. I will say, he has quite a legacy, and we really don’t know what happened.

Actually, I like your makeup here the most. Very natural, very simple. Despite the brightness of the teal blouse and the patterning of your tartan skirt… it’s your face I keep going back to. Especially in picture one.

Very unfortunate news.
    I do love your red and turquoise pairing though, and the sweater has such a unique collar.

10. Coco says:

This was truly a very sad news! ;*(

Great outfit today, I love the skirt plaid pattern and that blue collar is fantastic!

11. Jocelyne says:

what a sweet little sweater, I love the collar

12. Ebony says:

That is horrible news. I’ve never been too into designers really.. so I don’t know anything about this guy, but I feel so sad for his family.
    On a lighter note… I love your collar.

Was thinking about you today. I really must save you to my favourites at home (I’ve only just worked out how at home on my mac) so I can check your page every day. It’s just hard because you don’t have blogger :p

Just know that I love your blog, you continue to inspire me.

13. Kyla says:

Is your hair getting longer or new make-up or something? You have been looking especially soft, fresh-faced and very, VERY pretty lately. What’s your secret?

(side note: you have always looked pretty – this just has a little extra something)

14. Bianca says:

Sweater looks so pretty! And I love the plaid!!
    🙂