Jan 30 2010

Girls Act Too Tough Enough Is Enough

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 7:00 pm

After my rant yesterday about Whip It, I watched the rest of the movie…. (SPOILER ALERT) and I actually really liked the rest of it. 🙂 The next scene I saw was the underwater swimming and it was so sweet with beautiful cinematography, I really liked how they didn’t come up for air like mermaids.  Then the bad comes all at once; her parents find out, her best friend gets mad, Iron Maven confronts her for being only 17 and then she sees her boyfriend with another girl.  The way it all crashed down on her is so true to real life and all the obstacles one will face how when they dare to do something extraordinary.  And then their team didn’t win so that made me happy too.  So I admit I am a fan, since I didn’t correctly predict the ending….

What is the extraordinary thing you want to do/are doing?
Mine is this blog and The Eyeline, I’m really proud of these projects.
……but I’d also like to play in a rock band.

To The Outfit

Clearly I’ve been feeling patterns this week, today’s more subtle.  I’m also wearing my third fixed piece from the sewing pile.

Mens Poet Blouse, Ebay. Floral Embroidered Belt from TroubadourVintage on Etsy. Feather Earrings, Gift from GratitudeLady on Etsy. Floral Skirt, Free from Swap. Aldo Silver Flats.

*Take It Or Leave It, The Strokes*

9 Responses to “Girls Act Too Tough Enough Is Enough”

1. Eline says:

You look absolutely magnificent in all white!

2. Wicked Halo says:

The white frock looks divine on you 🙂
    I also rather unexpectedly liked Whip It, I was thinking it would be a blah by the numbers flic and it turned out to be a charming little movie with a really good soundtrack, go Drew!

Extraordinary thing I’d like to do is take up photography properly, I had a phase a few years ago, but I have a hard time sticking to something for too long…maybe that should be extraordinary if I actually found something to cling on to for a long period of time!

3. K8 says:

I’ve always wanted to play in a rock band too!! Lovely outfits girl. And hey, I’m really sorry that I missed your birthday party a couple weeks ago. School has had me unable to really be in the blogosphere at all, and my photographer (little sister) got sick, so I had no one to take a party picture for me. Happy belated!

4. Franca says:

I think I already commented on flickr, I love this outfit! Anyway:

I’ve given you an award over on my blog, come and pick it up!

5. Kate & Zena says:

I love this outfit. It is really pretty.

6. Rachel says:

I love the romantic white blouse. And blue streaks are rad!

Your all-white ensemble is making me feel that spring is (must be) on its way! You look wonderful. 🙂

I love the all over white and cream and lack of tights – what is it, 60 degrees there or something?

Just watched Whip It this evening (don’t worry, no spoilers); I enjoyed it – loved the pool scene, the soundtrack (yay for Radiohead, Raveonettes and MGMT), the actors (I don’t think I’ve seen Maeby from Arrested Development in anything else before), and it kept me laughing the whole way through, so it gets my approval.

9. Diana says:

Wow, that blouse and skirt go so perfectly together, I thought it was a dress as first. You look fantastic.