Jan 21 2010

Hide Your Passions In Between

Category: My Outfits,Symmetry ChallengeEyeliah @ 4:45 pm

I’m a bit tired from posting all those birthday outfits and links today. Thanks so much again to everyone and the lovely Deanne for inspiring the idea with her Tea Party Birthday.

Random Thoughts
1. I would love to get my own animal print tights like local Vancouver gals Shay and Cayley.

2. I’ll admit I always liked Heidi Montag (dirty little secret) even listening to her catchy pop songs ‘I’m sexy, famous and rich’ and liking her played up negative image on The Hills (an ‘act’ for ratings she was good at it) but now that she has completely made over herself I can no longer stand up for this girl, she is lost!

3. Check out the Retro Chick Define Your Style Series, start looking at SilviCi’s Photosteam and Beth Jones has a new website.

4. Did you know you can follow your favorite Etsy Store feeds and ModCloth‘s new product listings in google reader? It’s true!

Leopard Print 5 Days of Symmetry Challenge
Day 2

Outtake
Pulling up the blouse lol, glad I’m still (trying) to not take myself too seriously on here.

Black Capelet, Ebay yrs back. Le Chateau Floral Blouse. Thrifted Leopard Skirt and Jazz Shoes. The Bay Floral Tights.

*The City is a Drag, Hawksley Workman*

7 Responses to “Hide Your Passions In Between”

1. eli says:

Loving the floral x leopard. Im all about mixing different patterns.

Heidi Montag scares me, shes so gross now. She’s slowly turning into Latoya Jackson

2. Megan says:

Haha! That last photo is cracking me up! I have so many awkward outtakes, you are totally inspiring me with yours! Anyways, love the floral and leopard print combo.

3. Leproust says:

I am feeling so inspired by your leopard print! I really need to get my hand on some!

4. Nadine says:

I wash shocked when I’ve read what Heidi Montag did with her body!

5. Alice says:

I love your blouse! It is funny, remember you were wearing a beret the same they when I posted about mine? Well, today I am wearing leopard print tights. I am wearing animal print for the 2nd time in my life 🙂

6. Chelsea says:

Oh, I want leopard tights SO BAD. These gals know how to work ’em! Speaking of working it… I love the floral and leopard combo you’ve got going on 😉

And Heidi Montag… sigh… you know I actually really liked her too (even after the first boob job), but after seeing the US Weekly (or what is People?) article on her massive body/face reconstruction, I just felt so deeply sad for her. How could such a beautiful young woman feel that going that route could be the right choice? Sure she gets media attention, but that shit is permanent. Her transformation highlights all that is wrong with the media today when it comes to women’s body image and perfectionism. Sad sad sad 🙁