Jan 19 2010

How To Pack Cute Clothes for a Weekend Away

Category: How To,My Closet,ProjectsEyeliah @ 10:00 am

What I brought to Calgary for a 4 day weekend

I really wanted to wear some of my cute printed tees that haven’t seen the light of day in quite a while.  Even though it is the middle of winter I still wanted to wear skirts, luckily Calgary was in a Chinook so it was fairly warm.  All the shirts and skirts are interchangeable for a variety of outfit options.

I haven’t needed this big coat since I moved from Calgary
Kick Ass Boots (wore the whole time)
3 Skirts, 1 Dress, 1 Pair of Jeans
1 Necklace, 1 Belt, 3 sets Earrings, 4 sets Hair Clips
5 Cute Tees, 3 Tank Tops for Layering, 2 Cozy Sweater
2 Hats, 2 Scarves and 2 Gloves
Comfy Pants and Socks, Backup Adidas Runners
Not Shown; bathing suit (for hot tubbing), tights and undergarments

I find that if I plan outfits ahead it saves time once I am on holidays.  Usually I take pictures with my camera like these below before I leave so I can quickly scroll through and pick my outfit for the day.

Outfits I planned ahead

Guns N Roses Concert – Possible Friday Night or Sunday (didn’t wear)

Friday Grandparents Brunch – Possible Sunday (didn’t wear)

Saturday Afternoon (wore with jeans) – Friday Night (since I got sick Friday, worn Sunday)

What are your outfit planning tips for a holiday?

11 Responses to “How To Pack Cute Clothes for a Weekend Away”

1. Diana says:

Looks like you had a good plan for your trip!

2. Leproust says:

I totally need you to come help me pack next time I travel!! This looks SO organized and thorough! I always get places and realize I didn’t pack half of what I intended to, and everything is just thrown in. I probably should not share any tips! Haha

3. Robby says:

Your organization makes me nauseous, and by nauseous I obviously mean jealous. I pack light in order to make myself seem low maintenence, but then find myself needing to buy the important things I forgot…. like a toothbrush, underwear, pants, etc…

4. coco says:

You are so organized! I love your second ensemble for the concert!

You should see my luggage for a 1 month trips, it is shameful, really not organized and now it is completely messy! 😉

-Coco

5. Suzanna says:

This is simply too neat for me and you will have to learn to be messy immediately!

I went away two weeksnds ago, to frigid Miami. I wasn’t sure if I might get tricked into shorts weather, so I brought an enormous selection of boots AND flip-flops, parkas AND halter tops, wool scarves AND bikini tops.

And then it turned out to be miserably cold, and I wore the same thing all weekend. Weep with envy: yoga pants, white Uggs, a long-underwear shirt, and a men’s sweatshirt.

Style: It is what it is, except when it isn’t.

6. WendyB says:

I often pack everything that fits! Sigh.

7. The Clothes Horse says:

Very cute outfits! I hate packing for trips; it can be stressful, no?

8. Wholzy says:

u seems arrange ur trip so well
    it means u wont be confuse to choose what u will u wear in the certain event u gonna go..
    love ur floral skirt.. 🙂

9. Wicked Halo says:

Wow girl, I’m impressed, I love packing, it usually means I’m going somewhere eh eh, but I am nowhere as organized as you…I usually just stuff things into my bags as I go along and remember and then end having to sit on top of the bag for it to close 😀 That’s pretty much my MO when it comes to packing!

10. Jocelyne says:

Packing is such a funny thing. I always pack way too much and usually end up wearing the same thing the whole time, or at least variations of it. I try to plan it out like you did, I even did a similar post this summer. Every time I get somewhere I always want things that I didn’t pack. Oh the joys of being a woman 🙂

11. Carla says:

I usually pack all black, LOL. Makes it a little easier. It also depends on if I have to fly or if its a road trip (am I checking in a bag or not).