Jan 10 2010

They Were Always Seeking But They’ll Never Find

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:45 am

When I am taking outfit pictures and they all turn out good (happens so rarely) that’s when I know I have a great outfit.  This was one of those times. I know it’s a fairly simple look for me but it just felt best that way.  Of course I am still wearing my teddy bear coat everyday, so that adds the glamor.  I’ve had quite the struggle styling this skirt….. I’ve only worn it one other time also with navy.  I don’t know why it puzzles me so… partly because the skirt is an off white so it looks odd with most whites.

Do you have any suggestions on how to mix up this skirt?
Greatly appreciated.

__________________
Thrifted Blue & White Skirt. Navy Sweater, Suzy Shier. H&M Bow Hat. Scarf, Husbands. Navy Tights & Kneesocks, The Bay. Winners Beige Boots.

*It’s Alright, Guns N Roses*
(Note: I’ve already used a lyric from this song as a post title but this time I’ve got a sweet link, if you get impatient skip ahead to the 2:00 mark).

24 Responses to “They Were Always Seeking But They’ll Never Find”

1. WendyB says:

I think the skirt looks perfect with this outfit.

2. Megan says:

I like it with the navy here! I’m really into monochromatic things lately (though I haven’t managed to wear any yet myself). If you paired it with red it might look a bit nautical/americana which could be fun. Oooh, and gray is my new favorite neutral and I bet this skirt would look great with gray!

3. Ashe Mischief says:

Your navy skirt would be wonderful with yellow–from bright true yellow in the Spring to a nice, dark mustard yellow in the Autumn & Winter…

That hat is lovely! It seems so warm and soft and fuzzy…

4. Friend in Fashion says:

I really like this skirt – great print! We are in summer at the moment, so i’d wear it just with a simple white tank with loads of of necklaces 🙂 I like how you’ve styled for the cooler months 🙂

xx

5. Kyla says:

I love this so much! It is uber flattering on you and the boots look great with it. I think it would always look amazing with any neutral and, of course, red! What about pairing it with a chambray shirt and wide belt? If you run out of idea, you can send it my way 😉

6. wardrobe experience says:

cute outfit! the skirt looks amazing!
    If you don’t like to pair it with dark blue (I think
    it’s the best way for winter)try to combine it with some mustard tights
    or some light brown. It looks so brilliant worn with the brown boots…

7. Jessica says:

I love the skirt and the outfit you put together! What about wearing a navy & white striped tee with it and mixing the patterns, maybe with a wide belt to break it up? I’d probably wear it with a slouchy gray tee and an armful of sparkly bracelets. It’s such a fun skirt!

8. Isabel says:

Your skirt is badass!

9. Kate & Zena says:

Your could pair the skirt with a red top, a burgundy top, mustard yellow, aubergine…..navy. Lots and lots of choices.

10. Rachael says:

Love this! You belong in a winter fashion catalogue.

11. Clare says:

This is one of my favorite outfits of yours. I love it!

12. Missa says:

This is definitely a favorite outfit of yours for me too! It’s perfectly proportioned, I love how the varying blues in your other outfit pieces reflect the varying intensities of blue in the skirt print, and I’m a big fan of mixing navy with tan leather. Gorgeous photos!

As for suggestions, there are some really good ones here I think. I liked the ideas of pairing it with red or yellow. Maybe try it with black tights and shoes. I also think it would be super cute with a little jean jacket. Oh, and is that a frayed hem I see? 😉

I really love this outfit. That sweater fits you perfectly. You looks so darn slim here. I want one of those magic sweaters!

14. Coco says:

That skirt is AMAZING; I love the pattern and lenght! I think you did an amazing job at styling it!

-Coco

15. Karine says:

Cette tenue est très belle et le skirt te va vraiment bien car tout le monde ne peux pas porter ça facilement bravo
    Karine
    ‘This place is very beautiful and the skirt fits you really well because everyone can not wear it easily bravo’

16. Chelsea says:

oooh I love this outfit! the tan boots totally add some fun contrast to the rest, and that skirt’s print is great 🙂 what about pairing it with a solid yellow top? not sure what tights, but I just love navy blue and warm buttery yellow…

17. Audi says:

I think it’d look great with orange. I love how you paired it with brown boots here — très chic!

18. Corie says:

the whole outfit is very well put together. I love the socks with the tights.

19. Charlie says:

I don’t really have anything else to add to the advice about the styling of skirt but just want to say that close up shot of you is absolutely gorgeous!

20. Kelly says:

I’m not answering the question, but I have to say your close-up shots are ALWAYS model-esque – you look gorgeous, again with magazine worthy makeup. And that blue hat looks fabulous on you.

21. The Clothes Horse says:

I love the print on your skirt. It would look awesome with a striped tee. Also, maybe a boho vibe like a vest, tall boots, and a hat?

22. Alice says:

Love the beret…it looks so soft and cosy! Vert stylish as well!

23. Retro Chick says:

Oh, I really love this outfit. So co ordinated!

24. caroline says:

LOVE this skirt! I love it the way you’ve styled it here, but I also love the idea of wearing it with a vintage tee. I also instantly thought that I would pair it with something striped (but you already knew that!).