Jan 06 2010

How To Get Ready in the Morning

Category: How To,My Outfits,ProjectsEyeliah @ 10:00 am

Today I am going to take you through an example of my process. I saw this adorable outfit by Kathleen of Jeremy & Kathleen in wardrobe remix (note her Rodarte for Target skirt) and was inspired to create a similar outfit.

I started with my lace H&M dress and a couple of argyle sweater vests to choose from, I also wanted to include this cute sweater vest but couldn’t find it.

And then raiding my closet I found three possible complimentary blouse options.

I decided the paisley blouse and the pink argyle vest would go well together so I tried it on.

I didn’t really like the overly girlish feel for today, so I removed the argyle vest and liked the simplicity I was left with.

So this is what I am wearing today! It’s quite different from the inspiration picture I started at.

Thrifted Paisley Blouse and Lace Dress. Sheer Footless Tights, Ebay. Winners Faux Suede Boots.

And since I am getting many requests, I’ll explain my makeup process for today as well.

I am a Clinique girl at heart. First, every morning and night I use their Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturizer. And also an Aveeno Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 in the mornings.

This morning my make up routine was as follows.
All products Clinique, I applied Quick Corrector in light under my eyes and dusted Soft Finish Pressed Powder lightly on my face with a round brush, no foundation today. For eyeshadow I mixed Copper Canyon and Like Mink (a dark brown) on the lid and lined under the eyes. Above the crease to the brow bone I used the light yellow eyeshadow of the Like Mink duo. Then for lipstick I choose Rose Spectrum to compliment the paisley blouse.

And there you have it, hope you enjoyed that peek into my morning routine.

16 Responses to “How To Get Ready in the Morning”

1. Jaime says:

You are so adorable, darling!

I used to use Clinique all the time (Like Mink was an eyeshadow staple for me!), but I’ve converted to Stila & MAC for almost everything. It just seems to last so much longer than Clinique, both in quantity and wear.

2. noel says:

that paisley top is really great!! what a great find.

It always happens to me too whenever I start with an inspiration photo – I end up looking completely different. I guess that is what inspiration (rather than copying) is all about though, right? 🙂 The paisley blouse is very cute, the colour really suits you!

4. Rebekah Coleman-Brahler says:

oh! that outfit was super cute with the vest, but so much more striking without it! isn’t it funny how adding/eliminating one little thing can make such a huge difference?

5. Michi says:

The funniest thing: I just thrifted that exact sweater vest in the inspiration photo today!

On another note, I love your ensemble today. It looks better without the sweater vest — the paisley blouse tie is already the perfect accent! This is why I adore your blog — you break down how you put together your outfits and you make it fun. It’s something that I don’t see in other blogs.

And you’re face is always flawless with or without makeup. (I am so jealous..no foundation!! Your skin is amazing.)

6. Eline says:

Oh I actually prefer your outfits over the girl’s one 😀

The first, with the argyle vest, is adorable! But I also love the other one, which is a bit mod-like ^^

7. Jessica says:

I’m such a fan of trapeze dresses – they’re so comfortable! And your lipstick color is perfect for you!

8. Kathleen says:

Eyeliah! I’m so flattered by this post. I am constantly sourcing inspiration for design and fashion and like you, they always deviate from the original look – which is the whole point, really.

I like the restraint in omitting the argyle vest – but I would layer on a cluster of gold necklaces in varying length to compliment the color in the blouse. But I’m a huge fan of gold. 😉

Anyways, thanks again!

P.S. Here’s a blog post I did about designing my outfits: http://jeremyandkathleen.blogspot.com/2009/10/designing-outfit.html

9. Kate & Zena says:

I haven’t branched out into Clinique yet. I’m just starting to branch out into higher end cosmetic brands. I currently have tried (and liked) Tarte, Stila, Smashbox, Benefit and Urban Decay. I got UD’s Show Pony Palette for Christmas and it’s divine. I’m hooked on that palette. I can’t wait until UD releases the Alice In Wonderland Box Palette…three days before my birthday. Come to mama!

I love the outfit you’re wearing today. It’s very me. I’d have cinched in my waist with a belt though to give me some sort of figure (pft, like I have a figure. I’m a short ruler with very long legs).

10. coriemo says:

This is my 1st time on your blog and I just have to say that I absolutely enjoy it! Your outfits are great and I look forward to more.

I often put together outfits that are inspired by others looks and they never end up looking similar!
    I really like both looks, and I so want your black and white printed top!

12. Clare says:

I love your final take on this look. Fantastic!

13. Second Skin says:

you have the most beautiful skin! like pure clean porcelain! You are amazingly lucky dear! And your outfit is unbelievable today! Just gorgeous! I love the step by step!

I also wanted to thank you for your very thoughtful words. When you say you can walk because of yoga, do you mean that like you can BREATH because of yoga, or were you injured and used yoga to help you to walk again?

14. Retro Chick says:

I think I like the outfit you finished up with better! It’s so flattering on you, it looks really cute.

15. Hannele says:

Very sweet take on it! the colors are marvelous on you, dear, so is the makeup 😀
    Happy New Year and belated birthday to you!

16. jentine says:

What a clever post! I love how you described the process and the end result!