Jan 05 2010

And I’d Like To Stay That Way

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 3:30 pm

Thank you so much to everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday! And do not worry those that were belated, I didn’t post it until late in the evening…. it took me until then to come to terms with this older age.  I always said I want to be 23 forever, but in reality that was a tough year with many trials.  The best so far had to be age 25 when I made many new friends, moved to Vancouver, started this blog, joined the company I am at now and traveled constantly.

What was your favorite age so far?

What I wore to work yesterday.  It was tough because it’s Monday and Mondays are notoriously uninspiring but of course it was also my birthday so I wanted to dress up. I found a happy compromise.  I’m shy because someone from the next building saw me taking pictures. 😉

Vintage Fur Collar. Thirfted Black Mesh Turtleneck, Bronze Belt and Ankle Boots. Cherries Dress, Vintage off Ebay.

*I’m Sensitive, Jewel*
I still have this Canadian Much Music performance on vhs tape, lol.

21 Responses to “And I’d Like To Stay That Way”

1. Leproust says:

This is such a perfect work outfit! I just love the fur collar!

2. Kate & Zena says:

I don’t have one…yet. Every year seems to have trouble. I must say being little was fun. I loved what was on TV when I was little. Most of the television shows I watched as a kid (Tom & Jerry shorties, Looney Tune shorties, Lambchop & Friends, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bears, Snufflepuss, etc.) have gone away or been put on expensive channels and been replaced with really annoying, stupid television shows (Dora the Explorer, ick). I loved the freedom I had as a kid and the toys. My favorite game was that timed game where you had to match the pieces before the board went POP! I was stellar at that game. Kids have so little freedom and really funny television shows these days. I liked being a kid!

3. Coco says:

Super Cute Outfit! Really like this one, especially for work, you must have been the most chic lady in the office that day!

Happy Belated Birthday!

-Coco

4. Eli says:

I dont know if Ive had a best age, I feel like it just keeps getting better and better. I still feel 15 oddly enough. I’m scared the bubble is going to burst.

5. Lady Smaggle says:

I have a few favourite ages

18 – when I made friends with older people and acted in heaps of plays, sat around in indie coffee shops
    drinking lattes and talking about literature

22 – when I first fell in love

25 – when I moved out of home, moved interstate and learned more about myself than any other age.

I’m 26 now… just… lets hope this is a favourite age!

By the way, 19 was my LEAST favourite age. My god that was a bad year…

6. Bug says:

Happy belated bday!! I hope it was great! My favorite age so far has been 25 – I moved, had a new job. Things are going well now too despite not having a job. Learning to be happy with ‘now’. I really love your outfit. Mondays can be so tough.

7. Robyn says:

My favorite years (so far) are 19 and 26. Strong and independant on two very different levels.

I hate having work on my birthday (unless there is cake, and then it’s okay)!

Favorite age…it’s hard to say that one year was infinitely better than the rest, but 18 had some pretty great days.
    I will always remember 16 as being my favorite party – we played Dance Dance Revolution, had eggplant parm my grandma made and chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake my mom made. I just remember being so happy that evening.

I like to believe that my favorite years haven’t happened yet though – it would be awful to spend the next 5 decades thinking the best part of your life is already over.

9. Nicole says:

Happy Belated Birthday dear! Hope you had a great day.

10. Charlie says:

Happy belated birthday – love the pictures of you in the crown for yesterdays post (everyone should be treated like royalty on their birthday).

I’m turning 23 soon and it’s a bit scary because I feel like I should have achieved so much more by this age.

I don’t really have a favourite age yet…perhaps 18, my first year of uni, my first year of my relationship, when everything was quite cruisy and easy.

11. Zel says:

You look great! i love how the fur collar gave a touch of winter to the dress. Anyway, as for favorite age.. i had to pick 18 and 19 when i was in junior college and made fabulous friends (though we’re all scattered all over the world now). i like 22 and 23 too as by then i finished college, started living by myself, and had a job. By now, i start to forget my age from time to time.. not necessarily bad though.. i feel i’m still young all the time :).

p.s. just want to let you know that i’ve received the giveaway package. Thanks again!

12. Kelly says:

Well, the youth and innocence of 19 was pretty fab. Then again, my late 30s have been good as I’ve finally gotten myself together (I’m a member of Generation X, we were all lost souls, you know….). Confidence and creativity and a firm sense of who you are grows with age and that’s been the wonderful thing about ageing; so too do the wrinkles, alas! I’m turning 40 this June (people say I don’t look it but that doesn’t always make me want to jump up and down) and that’ll be a big day. Thankfully I have a twin sis to share it with! I hope this year is your best ever!

13. Caboguy says:

– you look fabulous…my favorite age was 30 when a special ray of sunshine entered my life!

14. Diana says:

I love that fur collar! I always feel really awkward when someone else notices me taking pictures too.

15. renr says:

Happy belated birthday~!!!
    I love the cherries peppering your all black outfit, and your fur collar always adds a lot of class to what you wear :DD
    Hmm it’s hard to say what is my favourite age, because I’m generally satisfied as long as I’m alive ^^; But my childhood does hold a special place in my heart (no school, spending a lot of time playing with my cousins in places that no longer exist)

16. Rebekah Coleman-Brahler says:

fabulous dress, lady!!!

Happy (albeit belated) Birthday!! I don’t know if I’ve come to my favourite age yet. It is difficult to think of a particular age that wasn’t somehow connected to any difficulty. If I have to pick, I guess I’ll say my current age, 31, because I am pretty much happier now than I have ever been before. 🙂

7. That has probably been my favorite age. Lots of good memories, though I have realized that any good memory that I cannot definitely place always gets lumped into 7. 7 is when I met my best friend Kate, among many other things. 7 just seems golden in my mind, all sunshine and warm days at the lake.
    20 was also good. That was the year I got a boyfriend for my birthday. He is now my husband.

19. Jessica says:

Dressing up is the best part of birthdays. You could wear head-to-toe sequins just because it’s your special day! Or, as one of my coworkers (perhaps inappropriately) mentioned in my birthday card last year, you could “spend the whole day in your birthday suit.” Yep…

I don’t have a favorite age yet. Let’s pretend that each year keeps getting better than the last! 😉

20. mom says:

Best Age, 25…you were born, we were so happy
    Then 52 (now)… have never been happier.

21. Audi says:

I loved 33; it was an age at which I discovered a lot about myself and finally started to feel like a grown up. Happy belated bday — I’m only just now starting to get caught up with my reading after being on vacay.