Jan 02 2010

I Can See All Obstacles In My Way

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 12:00 pm

It has sure been foggy lately.  This time last year there was s much snow and rain I had to incorporate my red boots into most outfits.  I realize now that I miss wearing them and just should anyway.

Reversible Black Grey Cape, Gift. Snakeskin Printed Dress, Free from Swap. Thrifted Belt. Winners Faux Suede Boots. Butterfly Earrings, SmilingFrog on Etsy.

*I Can See Clearly Now, Jimmy Cliff*

18 Responses to “I Can See All Obstacles In My Way”

1. Nicole says:

I love every single piece of this outfit. Especially the cape & dress. You make everything look so effortless. Totally jealous!

2. dapper kid says:

That cape looks so amazing and I love your earrings 🙂 Hope you’re having a wonderful 2010 so far!

I love these pictures. It looks like you are about to fly away.

4. Clare says:

I love that dress, and the cape is wonderful. Happy new year!

5. Amelia says:

I’m so envious of your fog! I’ve been wanting to take photos in the fog for ages, but the only day we had any, I didn’t have the time.

6. Rachael says:

That dress is magnificent! Happy New Year gorgeous!

7. WendyB says:

A dramatic look! I like it.

8. The Clothes Horse says:

You look very chic. Great belt.

9. Bianca says:

This is so beautiful on ya! I love the belt, and the print looks a little like lace from further away.

10. Kate & Zena says:

Ah, how I wish it were just foggy here. Instead, it’s bloody cold with the wind coming over the lake which means going outside is like going into a windy freezer. I really, really, really hate winter, can’t you tell? I’m even wearing Grinch pajamas with little Grinches plastered all over them. To tell you the truth, I’m sure penguins would find it freezing right about now here. It’s a chilly -14 Fahrenheit with wind chill, 2 without (-17C without windchill, -26 with). Brrrrrr. I’ve taken to imagining I’m on the sunny shores of New Zealand to make the winter a bit more bearable. Sunshine would be lovely!

Let’s hope it’s a little warmer on Zena’s birthday (January 6th). I all ready ordered her (very expensive) custom-made fleece peacoat that she hearted on my etsy account. I don’t think our family ever paid that much for a doggy coat before. She certainly is one spoiled terrier. It’s hard to find a ready-to-wear sweater or coat that fits Zena perfectly. It’s usually too short in length or too tight/loose in the girth. Dogs her size normally aren’t deep chested or made for all size hunting like her breed is. That coat better fit like a worn-in pair of leather gloves.

I must say watching Doe Deere’s the Nightmare After Christmas video on repeat makes me feel a little better. It’s hilarious. At least my neighborhood looks nothing like that. If that happened where I live, I’m sure I’d have thoughts of murdering every last one of those lighted blow ups. It just takes one tiny pinprick from a needle and poof! blow up go bye-bye!

I love those earrings. Definitely checking out Smilingfrog’s etsy.

And once again, I’ve rambled on and on and on. My fingers need to learn censoring.

In the full length photos I thought your dress was lace! I like just as much snake print too, and you should wear your red boots – red boots are great!

12. wardrobe experience says:

I really love this dress. It looks so classy paired with black!

happy new year, darling.(I know, I’m a little late…)

13. Twila says:

Love the dress and your hair in this pic. You look so whimsical.

Twila

14. IdStyle says:

I really like that thrifted belt, great find!

15. lilith owl says:

That outfit just all sits together so well. (Mind you i find it hard to look at some of these when it’s around 40 degrees celsius where i live – over 100 Fahrenheit – most of the time lately!). I agree with Nicole that it loks effortless but still incredibly chic. Must be hard to be chic when you have to rug up that much, but you manage it.

16. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

Ohmigosh…beautiful! I love this!

17. Diana says:

I love your cape. The fog in the background is so beautiful too.

18. Jessica says:

You look beautiful in these photos. Your expression in the third one is especially gorgeous.