Dec 31 2009

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 11:20 am

There are only two place in the world further behind us in Vancouver Canada and that’s Alaska and Hawaii.  It puts us at the end of many things, like fashion, news and of course New Years Eve! In my city we will be some of the last in the world to ring in the New Year.  For me I have never been much into the day as the parties (sorry friends) were many a let down, fights with boyfriends, getting elbowed in the face by some jerk, you know your typical let down nights.   I think it has to do with all the hype of ‘this must be the best night of your life cuz it’s new years’. Last year was the exception, great friends, not too much alcohol and dancing into the new year, plus I wore my bright yellow skirt.

This year will be much more low key, I will be taking it easy as I am still recovering from winter colds but can I pretend I am wearing this outfit? Okay thanks.

I’ll end this post on an outfit I got to wear on quite a foggy day! Last outfit of 2009 – woop.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
If you have time, tell me your plans!

Blue Flowy Blouse, Free from Swap. Sequin Beret, Ardene. Dangly Earrings, SmilingFrogs on Etsy. Thrifted Star Print Skirt. Winners Faux Suede Boots.

*Auld Lang Syne, Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians*

14 Responses to “Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot”

1. Mom says:

Yowzaa…Love that Sparkley Black number

2. Amelia says:

I love that sparkly dress. I can pretend 🙂 Happy new year! I hope you get over your cold ASAP.

3. Angel says:

We’ve been out for dinner at a great restaurant, and now we are watching the news as each country before us goes into 2010. One hour and twenty minutes to go here.

I’ll see you in 2010.

Happy new year!

7 and a half hours to go here! Binghamton is having a cool artsy New Year’s celebration with local bands, choirs, dance groups, ice sculpting and stuff like that – we’ll take a stroll downtown, see whatever performances catch our fancy, and watch the fireworks. Happy New Year!!

5. lilith owl says:

I love how the blue hair streak sets off all the other blue so perfectly.

6. Kate & Zena says:

Me? I’m at home, praying my neighborhood won’t do fireworks. I just got over a massively horrible migraine because the weather decided to have this massive change in pressure yesterday and I don’t want it back. My appetite is finally returning. All I can eat are my beloved soup crackers, but it’s something!

Why is there nothing on television on New Year’s Eve? It’s like Christmas Day here. There’s absolutely nothing on. Thank God I DVR’d National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. It never ceases to be funny. I must have seen it a thousand times (along with Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York) and I still love it.

7. The Clothes Horse says:

Love the sparkly outfit! My family usually goes bowling through NYE…you really can’t dress up for that.
    Hope you feel better!

8. Bianca says:

That dress is so beautiful!! It look great on you – we can all pretend you wore it out tonight. 😉

I also really like the teal blouse. The collar on it is so pretty!

9. Caboguy says:

– dinner at Enrique’s, sasparillas (er…tequila/soda) at Rip’s then home to watch fireworks from the deck!
    – in how many different places have you ushered in New Year’s?
    me: Toronto, Yellowknife, Miami, Calgary, Honolulu, Bangkok, Phuket, Vancouver, Cabo,
    (+ maybe others that I forget)

10. Michi says:

Ok, post-new year’s eve comment: LOOOOVE that black sparkly dress! You look amazing! Hope you had a wonderful New Year’s!!

11. Jessica says:

Sexy little dress! Heck, I’d pretend to wear that daily! I had a low key evening as well and it was perfect. A cocktail, take-out and movies to keep us awake until midnight! Happy 2010!

12. Kyla says:

Have a Happy, Happy New Year! You look so super amazing in that sparkly LBD! I can’t wait ’til you get to bust it out in real life!

I love your sparkly dress! I hope you had a great new years eve!

14. Karine says:

J’aime beaucoup ce que tu as mis dans les cheveux ça met ton visage en valeur et il le vaut bien
    Karine
    ‘I really like what you put in your hair it makes your face value and it is worth it’