Dec 22 2009

Too Young Too Old

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 3:00 pm

I would describe my personal style among other things as Feminine, Matchy, Vintage and that can cover a wide spectrum of influences, genres and expectations. While grouping items to plan some outfits the other day I noticed I had a cute pastel concoction a la Lorena Cupcake and a Granny Chic look right next to eachother. I decided to push the boundaries further by adding more young and old details to each outfit.

How would you describe your personal style?

Pastel Princess

Granny Chic

Young: Thrifted Cherry Blossom Strapless Dress, Yellow Cardigan and Candy Beaded Necklace. AA White Tights. Clip On Bangs, Ballerina Pendant and Striped Espadrilles, Ebay.

Old: Cream Scarf, Gift. Thrifted Beige Blouse, Green Cardigan, Paisley Skirt, Luggage Bag & Nurse Shoes. Tree and Pearl Pin and Vintage Sheer Tights, Ebay. Vintage Fur Collar.

P.S. I am super excited that the days are officially getting longer, summer here I come!

14 Responses to “Too Young Too Old”

1. Shay says:

did you just get bangs? Me too! haven’t had time to take a pic yet.

2. Eli says:

Omg love your hair with bangs!

3. katrina says:

your granny chic outfit is darling and incorporates my latest craze of late: faux fur. my style? definitely androgynous/granny. 🙂

4. WendyB says:

Love you in pastels.

5. Kate & Zena says:

Is there nothing you don’t look good in, hair wise? I think I actually prefer you with bangs. They really bring out your pretty eyes. I’d hazard to say they’re hazel, but I can’t tell as you never do close-ups of your pretty eyes.

Personal style wise, I’m transitioning to a more girly style but I still feel most comfortable in a plain (preferably dark purple) cotton shirt (long sleeve in this frigid weather; t-shirt in summer), a pair of jeans and flats. And earrings…and my watch. I am never without my watch. Heaven forbid the day should come I forget my watch, a hair elastic and a lip product somewhere on my person. That’ll be the day a giant chasm opens underneath my feet and sucks me in whole. Even when I’m wearing my wrist splints, I have my watch in my purse. I’m happiest in something not overly fussy, frilly, ruffle-y or really girly. I’m starting to branch out into dresses and skirts.

Are you kidding? Your day’s are getting longer all ready? It’s dark here by 4:30 PM CST! And cold. And we’re apparently scheduled for snow all week. Ewwwwwwwwwwww. I HATE snow. I’d like to be in Australia right about now.

6. Jenny says:

Clip on bangs?? That’s remarkable. And both outfits have their own charms, I’m totally steezing on your espadrilles. As for my own look, I have no idea how to describe it!

7. Amelia says:

I definitely wish I could pull off pastels like you can. Whenever I try to wear them, I end up switching them out for their darker comrades. Granny chic is totally awesome, too 🙂

My style is very femine, I love dresses, bows, lace, ruffles – all of it!
    And color, I like to wear at least one bright color all the time.

I like to experiment with putting odd things together and seeing if I can make them work!

The granny chic is really cute, I think you could put the fur collar on anything and it would be awesome.

9. Kelly says:

I like your new bangs! They really flatter your face.

10. Claire says:

The fringe and the little wisp of blue are super flattering.

But I have to say, you really look pretty suave with your head swathed in that scarf. It’s elegant yet warm!

11. Missa says:

Both looks are lovely but mostly I just can’t get over how adorable you look in those bangs! I’d say my style is kind of vintage/grunge/bohemian or something, I don’t know… 🙂

I assume that since you make no mention of the new bangs that they are a hair extension? I think you should make them permanent. You look super duper crazy adorable!

13. Wicked Halo says:

I like mix matching in extreme, every style has potential for me, provided I can throw some schizo take on it 🙂

I really like seeing you with the bangs, they look really good on you! Did you cut your hair, or is it really hair extensions? (I’d never heard of it!)

14. Coco says:

OH la la! The bangs look so good on you! 🙂

-Coco