Dec 21 2009

Shining, Gleaming, Steaming

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 11:00 am

Sometimes I really miss my long hair….. if you are newer to this blog you may not know that from pretty much 1995 to April 2008 I had long hair.  Since my hair is quite fine and I don’t have much of it cutting it short was a long time coming.  When I see cute girls with braids and top knots or photograph dolls with waist length hair that nostalgia for my longer locks comes right back.  Luckily I have my luxe hair extensions, and this comfortable 3/4 wig shown below which I’ve worn on SS once before for Easter 2008.  They help me live out the long hair fantasies.

Teal Stripes & Polka Dot Dress, Ebay. Vintage Beaded Purse & Fur Collar. Pearl Earrings and Bracelet from Mom, Necklace and Velvet Bow Flats Thrifted.

*Hair*

18 Responses to “Shining, Gleaming, Steaming”

1. kendra says:

Wow, you look amazing with longer hair. The dark tresses really frame your face perfectly and contrast with your porcelain skin. It’s kinda need that you have the resources to play with both styles. I wish I could do that!

2. Jaime @ Denim Debutante says:

The best part about hair?

It always grows back. 🙂

3. marta says:

Are you planning on letting your hair grow back again? You look good both ways, but I kind of like it longer. I’m not cutting mine, even though I had the urge to do so last week, lol.

4. StarvingStylist says:

whether your hang ir long or short, your still gorgeous 🙂
    Anyways, I love the fur collar, I`m looking for a nice big one for myself too!

5. Hannele says:

Amazing! it’s impossible to tell, looks like you grew your hair out overnight! i love it 🙂

6. Clare says:

Aw, I love it at the length you have it now, but this vintage look is fabulous!

7. Michi says:

I love your hair now, but I have to say, you do look stunning with that 3/4 length hair. I think I like your hair length at 3/4 length. Like someone said earlier, it frames your face beautifully.

8. katrina says:

as much as i love your louise brooks hair, i must say that you look stunning with long hair, as well.

I would never have guessed that was a wig! I really like your short hair though, it is such a cute style.
    The fur collar is adorable too. love it!

10. Kyla says:

Wow – that’s pretty good! I never would have known that wasn’t your hair. I thought it was just an older picture of you. I’m also loving that dress. So flattering and extra funky with the fur!

11. Jenny says:

Whoa, I can’t believe that’s a wig. It looks great on you and so does the teal dress 🙂

12. Kate & Zena says:

Oh my God, you look so good with long hair! I too have fine hair but my problem is I tend to have a ton of it. A trim takes a good half hour with me so they can even everything out. It seems the hair in the very back does not like growing equally. If I go too long without a trim, oh yea, where there once was a very clean line starts looking like a V which makes Little Miss Katie unhappy. It doesn’t help I need my fringe trimmed once every other month or I can’t see! I need to learn to trim my own fringe (bangs sounds so wrong).

My hair is actually about the length of your wig, only the back is a teensy bit longer (where’s a good RECENT photo of me when I need one?). I have it layered as all one-length hair = flatter than a pancake hair. I’ve learned if I want to do top knots like the one your showed, back-combing is godly….even though it’s not good for my hair. I only do it every once in a very long while so 99.9% I have super shiny naturally stick-straight hair, .1% I live for my rattail comb and lots and lots of hairspray. Don’t even discuss curling irons with me. My hair has a hatred for curling irons…and perms (did it, had to have the perm done TWICE to keep the curl to stay for a month, yep).

If only I could have hair that grew waist length. Or elbow length. My hair refuses (it has a life of its own, I swear) to grow more than a few inches past my shoulders and it’s very irritating. I’ve wanted very long hair since I was an itty bitty girl. I had short hair when I was very little (like 2) to about 10 years old. I grew it out, chopped all my lovely long hair off my freshmen and junior year of high school. Out of all that, I learned I’m a long-hair girl. Short hair on me not only makes me feel icky but is not manageable at all. I spent more days blow-drying it and using tons more product when it was short than when it was long!

Liliya’s hair is absolutely beautiful. She makes me envious. I want hair like that!

That outfit is by far my favorite and something I would actually wear sans tights. I hate tights/pantyhose. Ich. I have one favorite pair and one only–my black Vera Wangs. Still, I wear them rarely, mainly for my choir concerts. Tights and me aren’t friends; I fall or trip at least once putting them on!

Okay, that has got to be the longest comment I have ever posted on this site. This is what happens when I go computer-less for eight hours because my computer decided to crash and I had to wait for the Master of All Things Dealing with Computers (i.e. Dad) to come home to fix it.

13. Amelia says:

I love how the fur collar looks with the dress. So glam!

14. Zel says:

You look fantastic! i love how you style the dress.. the fur and pearls gives it such a glamorous vibe.

15. Nicole says:

You look EVEN MORE GORGEOUS with long hair Eyeliah!!! So so pretty! Love this outfit.

16. Diana says:

I have a lot of days where I miss having long hair too. I used to love to French braid my hair.

17. Diana says:

I like both!

18. Robin says:

Wow, your extensions are fantastic! They look so natural that I had to pull up a picture to compare and figure out where they stopped and started. Thanks for the tip!