Dec 13 2009

Waiting For The Surprise

Category: I Shop,My OutfitsEyeliah @ 2:40 pm

I did a bit of shopping at the thrift store, I couldn’t help it…. being cooped up was just too much and I’m really not that sick anymore – just too sick to party.

This is what I wore….

This darker berry lipstick in my past few outfits is Heather Moon by Clinique.  It’s helped me hide my sick appearance.
P.S. Sticking my tongue out at the photographer not you.

Vintage Purple Hat, Lilac Gloves, Boots and Faux Fur Coat (wearing this coat everyday lately). Suzy Shier Fuzzy Pants.

What I tried on….

This $15 jacket was pure amazing but just a tiny bit too tight when done up.  For me to buy it’s gotta fit right or it’ll waste in my closet.

Yellow jacket also $15, snug on the arms and overpriced for the quality.

Cute rose blouse $8, I thought it would hang too big but it’s lovely.

Vibrant paisley dress, too big at the waist, had extra fabric hanging in the back.

Red polka dot dress too small on the bust, too bad as I am a sucker for the polka.

This lace top was amazing, stunning, gorgeous and only $9 but then I smelt it pee yew! Uncleanable.

Wild vintage jacket? dress? All I know is I was swimming in it.

and what I took home….

The lovely rose blouse.  Cute $6 cords fit just right and pants are the hardest thing for me to find – score.  Canvas bag by Roots also $6 carried all my goodies home, it has so many pockets. Bright purple bead necklace for $1.

*Daydreamer, Adele*

11 Responses to “Waiting For The Surprise”

1. Urooba says:

Cute finds!
    My fave is that polka dot dress.
    AW, you didn’t take it home….

2. Charlie says:

Glad you’re feeling a bit better, nothing like a shopping trip to get you up and about!

3. Jenny says:

Ooh! The red polka dot looks beautiful on you! I wish it had fit :)) The rose top is equally charming though.

Great finds for $21!
    Too bad about the lace top, it was so cute.

5. Leproust says:

Thrifting is my FAVORITE thing to do when I have been cooped up for a while! I hope you are starting to feel better! You found some great items!

6. Franca says:

oh, fun fun fun! shame that paisley dress didn’;t fit right, it looks ace in the photo!

7. Jessica says:

Great finds! I do love that olive dress/jacket/thing – too bad it didn’t fit. I’d be tempted to stitch the front closed and bring it to a tailor to take in and add a side zipper to make it a dress! Hope you’re feeling better!

8. Kristin says:

Wow. That adorable necklace for a buck…what a score!!

9. jill says:

Love the sticking out shot, very glam! Just found you via Dee’s, but you look familiar… were we meant to swap blogs? are you the eyeline, too? I think you’d asked me to swap & we had an email exchange, so if you’d still like to swap I’m

jill @ http://streetstylelondon.blogspot.com/

10. Hannele says:

oooh! Beeeautiful fur coat, it suits you to a T! too bad about that yellow/black jacket, it would have been a great pop of color over a dark tonal outfit AND the green jacket looks amazing! don’t know… sometimes jacket aren’t really meant to be done up :p I’d get it and cheat. oh well. Good finds nonetheless 🙂

Oh no, the lace top was so gorgeous! I hate stinky second hand stuff – it is just so frustrating to find something you love, only to have to abandon it for an invisible flaw. Your finds were great though!