Dec 11 2009

Inspiration Flashback ~ The Craft

Category: Inspiration,MediaEyeliah @ 9:00 am

Okay so for a moment lets reflect back on 1996 and I am a brooding 14 year old, miserable without many friends at a new school where most of the kids grew up together.  Yes I read tarot cards, played with fire and was depressed most of the time, it was half my life ago and the worst year of my life.  I heavily related to our heroine Sarah and this group of outcasts.

They had killer school girl gone bad style

Wore flowy floral dresses on the weekend

Studded jewelry, crosses and black eyeliner

I always loved the scenes when a scarless Bonnie was showing off her bodacious figure.

This guy was such a jerk off, I think Skeet Ulrich was good at playing the bad guy in Scream and As Good As It Gets too. You just end up hating him so much!

Fairuza Balk as Nancy scared the crap outta me

Levitating, chanting and séances

Were you a fan?

Previous Inspiration Flashbacks
Paula Abdul
Little House on the Prairie
Sixteen Candals
Debbie Gibson
My So-Called Life

12 Responses to “Inspiration Flashback ~ The Craft”

1. Eline says:

I love this post! I was obsessed with this film for a while when I was a kid! Haha, I think almost everyone had a wicca phase, am I right? I loved the leader bitch most (forgot her name but I think this is an accurate description of her character, right? otherwise I wouldn’t say bitch unless describing a female dog… or when drunk). She was just so MEAN!

2. joelle van dyne says:

hehe, we would’ve totally been friends back then! i was obsesessed with the craft too, and had tarot cards, and wore lots of black velvet. this makes me want to go pile on some dark eyeliner!

3. Chelsea says:

Oh HELL yeah. Love the styles… the movie totally scared the poop outta me but I watched it repeatedly anyway! And Neve’s bodaciousness was definitely appreciated by this never-been-skinny girl!

4. Kyla says:

I freakin’ LOVED this movie! I remember seeing it in the theater and many times since. Good memories!

5. madam0wl says:

Yep, loved it, though I was in college and probably didn’t see it until it came out on VHS. Ha ha. We do own it on DVD now though. The soundtrack was kind of cool too as I remember.

6. Caboguy says:

Robin Tunney was the doctor in “Prison Break” and now is in “The Mentalist”.
    Neve Campbell was in “Party of Five”, “Medium” and cool flicks like “Scream” and “Wild Things” and many others. She was born in Guelph, Ontario where I went to university.

7. Jenny says:

THANK YOU! Best movie ever.

8. Hannele says:

I’ve heard about it, but never saw it. Maybe I should watch it now. But yes, definitely can identify with the self imposed period of loneliness and feelings of depression in high school. One good thing came out of it, I was flown back to Paris 😉

9. Teeny says:

Ahhhhh this made me smile. I’m STILL a “Craft” fan and will watch it whenever it is on TV. My era, the 90s. Sigh.
    Thanks for the post
    Teeny

10. Charlie says:

I loved this movie, never looked at it from a style point of view but totally love now.

11. The Clothes Horse says:

This is still what I think of when I think of “goth” style. These modern/grunge/goth looks, are so soft in comparison…

12. Retro Chick says:

Ah! I was going to do a Looklet post using Craft for inspiration. You beat me to it!

I love this film “Light as a feather, stiff as a board”!