Nov 28 2009

Who Will Go Down To Those Shady Groves

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 4:25 pm

Ever After was on tv today, at the first annoying commercial break I popped in the dvd.  It is among my collection of Drew Barrymore favorites.  I was this close to watching 50 First Dates right after the credits rolled but realized I should be a bit more productive today.  The post title is inspired by the theatrical trailer for Ever After (the only extra on the disc) which features The Mummer’s Dance and Robert Miles Fable. …………..I think I’m going to go watch Mad Love, I wrote some posts and played guitar so I’ve earned it.

Who is your favorite actress?

Monochromatic Grey Silver

If you’ve noticed I started wearing a nose ring again, I was inspired after seeing them on a few of the girls I’ve photographed for The Eyeline. I’ve had my nose pierced for a decade now (I am 27) but haven’t worn it much in the past 5 years. I got this delicate 22 gauge 9mm gold filled ring from RockYourNose on Etsy.

Thrifted New Grey Oversized T Shirt, Sequin Tube Top worn as belt, Striped Skirt and Wristlets. Aldo Ballet Flats.

Previous Monochromatic Looks;

Monochromatic Red
Monochromatic Mustard Yellow

*The Mummer’s Dance, Loreena McKennitt*

17 Responses to “Who Will Go Down To Those Shady Groves”

My favorite actress? Is it cliche to say Audrey Hepburn? I really like Zooey Deschanel too, even though many find her over rated. I don’t care, I think she is cute. And I have a surprising amount of Kristen Dunst films in my collection..

2. Audi says:

My favorite current actresses are Audrey Tautou and Maggie Gyllenhaal, and my favorite classic actress is Myrna Loy.

I just LOVE the monochrome silver look on you! I’m also really surprised that you can wear your nose ring after so long; I used to have one in the 90’s and it closed up immediately after I took my ring out. There’s no way I could put jewelery in it now.

3. Hannele says:

I must say, I don’t think I’ve been into wearing grey this much at any other time in my life. Love what you did with it, combining it with silver, it’s sleek and festive!
    My fav actress is Meryl Streep, she’s top in my book.

4. Missa says:

Ah, Mad Love… there’s one I haven’t seen in awhile. Must add it to the ol’ Netflix que. I’ve been reliving some old 90’s flicks lately. The last one was Parker Posey in Party Girl.

The nosering is super cute. I love how tiny and delicate it is, very subtle 🙂

5. The Clothes Horse says:

Love your sequin tube top as a skirt; the whole look is very cool.
    For old actresses it is either Bette Davis or Jean Harlow. Lately, I really like Emily Blunt.

6. Eline says:

I’ve been really loving your monochromatic outfits (though I haven’t had the time/energy to comment…). I ADORE the sequin top as belt 😀

7. Clare says:

Ooh, I ADORE Ever After. Also, I love the monochromatic gray look!! So classy but still shiny. 🙂

8. wardrobe experience says:

Awesome outfit! I really love your monochromematic series…

Fave actress?! Penelope Cruz maybe. I think she’s so talented.

9. Diana says:

Beautiful monochromatic look. I’m not sure if I have one specific favorite actress.

10. starr crow says:

i really don’t watch enough to have a favorite actress, but i do love your outfit! the gloves are fantastic.

11. Bianca says:

Aack – i have lots of favorite actresses…I started a list, but deleted it LOL!

I love all the silver very pretty!

12. Elissa of Spandexpony says:

Oh wow, silver looks terrific on you! Love! Fave actress? Hm… I don’t know why but I feel really drawn to Susan Sarandon! Musta been her role in Rocky Horror Picture Show. 😉

13. Franca says:

I love your monochromatic looks. My favourite actress is Maggie Gyllenhaal.

14. Franca says:

I love your monochromatic looks! My favourite actress is Maggie Gyllenhaal.

15. elf says:

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

16. renr says:

Wow in your outfit, you look like a movie star! I don’t think I have a favourite actress as yet, but Meryl Streep does act very well, and if you say actor it would have to be Robin Williams ^^
    Also wow nose ring!!! <3

17. Chelsea says:

I just adore me some drew barrymore… I remember the very first JANE magazine with her on the cover! She was rocking hair kinda styled like yours but almost-platinum blonde. I wish I had kept that magazine so badly! Ahhh well so it goes. Anyway… love this look, especially the off the shoulder top! And your nose ring is lovely… I’ve had a plain silver stud in mine for the last 8 years… but have been toying with the idea of trying a ring. Thanks for the link to that fab etsy shop!