Nov 27 2009

Before You Slip Into Unconsciousness

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

I have the Office Christmas Party tonight, based on a combination of your votes and comments I decided to go with outfit #2 with some added sparkly tights.  The first look will be saved for New Years Eve or something of the like.  Thanks so much for your input. 🙂

~ Pants ~

Many days I will put a whole look together with pants only to change into a skirt at the last minute.  It is much harder for me to style pants than a skirt or dress.  Here I added the feminine details of the crochet blouse and fur collar and happily I liked the overall aesthetic.  At the end of November now it’s getting chilly so pants need to be in rotation.

What item in your wardrobe do you find hard to mix into your style?

Suzy Shier Teal Duster Sweater. Vintage Collar. Esprit Navy Pants. Thrifted Blouse and Mens Loafers.

*The Crystal Ship, The Doors*

11 Responses to “Before You Slip Into Unconsciousness”

1. Carla says:

Wow, I love the coat. You also look great in black (my favorite fashion color).

2. Retro Chick says:

Oh, I’m sorry I missed the chance to help you choose your outfit! I’ve been busy busy…

You look great, anyway, even without my input 😉

3. dapper kid says:

Oh wow, I totally love that blouse! Hope you’re having a beautiful week 🙂

4. Kyla says:

I love the fur color with the sweater! Brilliant! I will definitely be doing this!

5. Mo @ Mo-logue says:

Cute holiday party look! I love the headband!

I have this white and black, diagonally-striped 3/4 sleeved dress I bought for my highschool graduation and haven’t worn since! I remember saving up some money to get it, after having “visited” it at the store a few times. Now I can’t remember why I was so taken with it, but I want to make 16-year old me happy and wear it again!

6. Nadine says:

I also have a problem with wearing tights… hard to combine!

I really like the top!

7. Leproust says:

I am just loving that sweater with the vintage collar! It is adorable!

Ooo, I LOVE this! It looks so casual elegant. And warm.

9. Hannele says:

Very cute top! I think I have the opposite problem, I often find difficult styling a skirt look… maybe I’m bad at choosing the right skirts for me.

10. Chelsea says:

Oh girl, I totally hear you about pants. I have a WAY easier time feeling cute and spiffy in dresses and skirts (this may go back to my childhood period of avoiding pants and skirts at all costs since I deemed them “not pretty”). Sometimes though, I just do not want to wear tights… so, pants it is! I think your pants look is fab… the crochet is darling and that fur collar is just fabulous!

P.S. new to your blog by way of flickr… love it already 🙂

11. tigerteacher says:

I am really with you about pants being more challenging to style than dresses and skirts! I’m tall and have a tough time with pant length – which means the shoes have to have exactly the right heel height to make the pants work. Then with jeans there’s the whole rinse color, leg width, rise height issues and it’s a lot to think about! I’m surprised that more women don’t wear dresses and skirts for everyday wear – what could be easier than pulling on a cute dress, tights and boots or flats? I am absolutely living in this formula this fall/winter!