Nov 16 2009

Feather Earrings ~ An Easy DIY

Category: ProjectsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

When I was younger I spent much of my time alone in my room with my barbies, ponies, stickers and threads.  With those threads I could make friendship bracelets for hours on end.  In my teen years I made piles of beaded jewelry with fishing wire.  I’ve never made earring before so after my etsy wish for feather earrings I decided to take it into my own hands.  This was my first experimental pair and I plan to make more longer pairs with embellishments in the near future.

What you’ll need:
Pliers
8 Feathers
2 Earring Hooks
2 Jump Rings
2 Foldable Connectors

Close up photo of earring hook, jump ring and connectors.
Once you gather the feathers and trim the tops if needed use the pliers to squeeze the connector onto the feathers.

Open jump ring with pliers and use it to join connector and earring hook.
Finished product.

On the model. 🙂

What was the last thing you diy’ed?

7 Responses to “Feather Earrings ~ An Easy DIY”

1. marta says:

I don’t do DIY, but the last time I did something was a little outfit for a barbie that I adore and don’t care to display, lol.
    The earrings look cute and your hair is getting a bit longer.

2. Leproust says:

These are gorgeous! I just love the feathers that you chose! I really need to start working on more DIY projects….you have inspired me! My husband does more than I do….he built me a 9 ft garment rack for my vintage collection a few months back….that was our last DIY project *shamefully*

3. Carla says:

Those are beautiful! I never thought about making earnings, but that might be my next project.

Since I sew, the last thing I made was a dress. I’m working on a skirt now. I need to take photos of my work…

Great DIY! I used to live in feather earrings. Seriously, ask any of my friends from high school, they were practically my signature. I just love the bigness of yours!
    The last thing I DIY is the beadwork on my blue cardigan. You can see it over on my blogaversary post. I’ve been dying to embroider something. Maybe I’ll get around to that soon.

5. Urooba says:

OOOooo, pretty.

The last thing I DIY’ed was a plain white t-shirt.
    I sewed a buncha sequins on it and wrote my name using felt.
    it came out pretty great. 🙂

OOO, and come check out my new blog! 🙂

6. renr says:

So pretty! And this will sound pretty cheesy but they match your eyes XDD
    I also recently got the one-sided feather earring that my frind made, and she used a clam-shell clasp to fasten the feather instead of your spiral one 😀
    (but I realised belatedly that I’m extremely ticklish oh noes)