Nov 13 2009

The World Is Alive Now, In And Outside Our Home

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

The things I do for you! It was storming out when I took photos this morning, the wind howling and rain was splashing all over me. I did some shopping yesterday after work starting at the mall which as usual was a waste of time. Then hit up my favorite vintage shops on Granville which provided better results. I also stopped by a jewelry supply store for some feathers and hardware to make earrings.

What is currently on your shopping list?

The items currently on mine are…
sequins
layered tulle skirt (soft grey or pink)
fur vest
skinny jeans
leather gloves
sweater tights
white, beige, colorful or tough (basically I mean 1980s) boots
and a vintage fur collar

I found the vintage fur collar.

I have been so used to shopping online that to purchase something and have it in my hands immediately felt like a luxury!!  You mean I don’t have to wait three weeks to get it in the post?  One thing I don’t mind waiting for in the post…. I won the Personal Shopper Giveaway on Oranges and Apples – so excited to see what Franca picks out for me!

Collar, Used on Granville $30. Thrifted Purple Blazer, Beaded Blouse, Jeans and Mens Loafers.

15 Responses to “The World Is Alive Now, In And Outside Our Home”

1. elena says:

cardis they are always on my list!
    🙂

Ooo, that looks amazing! Really, I love this outfit.
    My shopping list has tights on it. Any kind of tights. All of mine have holes in the toes.
    And a pair of black boots.
    Not that I can afford either, but if I could, that is what I’d be looking for.

3. Angel says:

I’m looking for t-shirts and winter tops! I’m clearing out my wardrobe and trying to get it to fit my style rather than be a mismatch of bits and pieces I’ve thrifted/rescued from my etsy shop.

4. Wanderlusting says:

Me likey the wind-tousled look on you!

What are you doing tonight…come to Pub340 for Mike’s show!!! Starts at Midnight, great excuse to DRESS UP LIKE A ROCKSTAR!!!

5. Wanderlusting says:

Oh and when I say midnight, I mean the band goes on at midnight but the show starts at 9ish. And Jaegerbombs are only $5!

6. joelle van dyne says:

that coat is really pretty! it’s such a nice rich color, and i love the fur detail.

7. Michele says:

Nice fur collar – you’ll have lots of fun using that this fall-winter.

My list? Hmm. As I thrift most of my stuff I’m actually looking for spring-summer clothing. I find I do better when I’m not looking for the same stuff others are after. Yesterday I was at a Goodwill scanning the sandals, capri pants, & white/off-white jeans. I did find some nice bed linens @ 50% off which were on my list though.

8. Rachael says:

Love the collar and the blazer is adorable!

9. The Clothes Horse says:

Sooo glam! Love the fur collar.

10. renr says:

I don’t think I have a specific shopping list right now, so I’m open for anything that tickles my fancy XD
    You vintage fur coast looks really interesting! I love the purple(!) patterned cloth and the cut looks so dainty and clean, which contrasts with the voluminous fur which simply screams fierce XDD

11. Hannele says:

Kudos for taking the cute outfit pics in the terrible weather… we’re going through the same here, well at least in the last few days. I can’t get myself to take any photos.
    Shopping list: why, more SHOOOES! I don’t know how I’m ever going to leave this country with the amount of shoes that’s piling up in the closet…it’s not like I can layer them 😉

What a great collar! I don’t really have a shopping list, but I keep wanting more brogues, or Oxfords, whatever you call those man shoes. 🙂 I also keep eyeing mid-calf length skirts, big knits and pretty blouses.

13. jentine says:

It’s no seret that I love a big c=vinatge fur collar…:)
    PS. Do you have a great look-out from your balcony or what?

14. Idee Geniale says:

You live right across Sunset beach!!!! I’m so jealous! I used to hang out at that beach every night in the summer with my friends. It was like, our meeting spot to watch the sunset and have some drinks!!! Oh my …..

That fur collar is great, I could just imagine the different ways of wearing it!

15. wardrobe experience says:

beautiful purple blazer! and i love the fur collar.
    I’m still little afraid of wearing real fur.
    there’s a crazy fur jacket waiting for me in my mothers closet.
    it’s more than 20 years old. so, the rabbits didn’t died for me…
    and they wont get back to live, if i wear it or not.
    maybe i should get my hands on it.