Nov 11 2009

My Heart’s A Prisoner To My Ribs

Category: Inspiration,My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:30 am

Outfit Inspiration ~ Teen Vogue

The outfit I wore yesterday was heavily influenced by the Teen Vogue ‘Finding Nirvana’ photoshoot from mid-October. Too bad I didn’t have a dress like this amazing Marc By Marc Jacobs but this beige floral dress I as a teenager found in the family basement is doing the trick.  I particularly liked the double stripes of her sweater and the peek of kneesocks so I emulated that as well. The yellow and black bee striped fingerless gloves were a do it yourself I did a few years back from child size socks.

Striped Sweater, Free from Swap. Thrifted Grey Scarf and Grey Fingerless Gloves. H&M Blue Angora Hat. The Bay Grey Kneesocks. Winners Beige Boots.

Previous Echoes
Archibald Maximilion
Casey of Elegant Musings
The Gleam of Rose Tea
Shop Ambrosia
Nemrespobjecodnedjelje
Or search echoes for the rest.

7 Responses to “My Heart’s A Prisoner To My Ribs”

1. Cammila says:

Yes! I LOVE direct inspiration posts. Also, totally off topic, but that guy looks super familiar. I’ve probably just seen him model somewhere else, but it’s totally going to bug me….

2. Eyeliah says:

Really? the models name is Ian and there are more photos of him through the spread: http://www.teenvogue.com/style/market/feature/2009/10/fall-fashion-grunge?slide=2#slide=1

3. Eli says:

so cute! I love the inspiration, havent gotten my teen vogue yet

4. wardrobe experience says:

this is so cute!
    they stopped teen vogue in germany some years ago. I still miss it.

5. 39th & Broadway says:

Adorable, this look is so fun. It is great to see how people interpret photo-shoots.

However, I would suggest trying the look again with a different dress. I think the dress is too light in color and fabrication to hold up against the accessories and layering. If it’s not against your “never wear twice rule”, I think it’s a strong enough look to do again with a heavier dress…

6. Zel says:

i love that Teen Vogue spread.. the outfits look very comfy. i think you do a great job with the layering and pattern mixing.

7. Hannele says:

Love your version! the mismatch is fantastic, works perfectly 🙂