Oct 16 2009

Fashion Flashback ~ Grade 10 Yearbook Candid

Category: Life,My OutfitsEyeliah @ 9:00 am

When: 1996, half a lifetime ago

Where: the halls of high school

Do I still have any items from this outfit:
The koala and the silk skirt are both in storage. When Dad and I went to LA we got this blouse, skirt and my wool vest at The Limited.

I have four problems with this caption:

1. they spelt my name wrong which I’ve always thought was done on purpose.
  2. it’s a Koala not a Teddy.
  3. it’s not a Teddy Bear it’s a backpack – hello?!
  4. I didn’t bring it to school once like is implied, I had/have several including yes a teddy as well as a LaLa and I carried them all the time.

6 Responses to “Fashion Flashback ~ Grade 10 Yearbook Candid”

1. Hannele says:

aaw, you haven’t changed much, same sweet face. hehe, think I had a panda backpack at one point… love going through memory lane too, it’s great being able to read all the notes and scribbles old friends left in high school yearbooks. Style wise, don’t think I had any back then.
    oh and those who ALWAYS mispell(mispronounce)names… argh, tell me about it šŸ˜‰

2. joelle van dyne says:

hahah, i love seeing ‘blast from the past’ photos like this! you look so cute- i love your KOALA bear backpack. ~Joelle

3. Amelia M says:

You look super-cute! Personally I think the Koala backpack is a great addition to the outfit but as an Australian I might be biased.

4. Caboguy says:

– you look the same now as you did then (I don’t) – I remember our shopping trip & of course, LaLa went everywhere with you!

5. Mo @ Mo-logue says:

What a great photo! Despite the sort of disastrous caption it’s great that you have this fun photo to look back on!

I don’t understand name misspellings in yearbooks,etc – things should really be checked over. I’ve been working with student publications for four years now, and jeez. Some people just aren’t careful. Last year, a campus news magazine misspelled Barack Obama.
    In a headline.

So, you’re in good company!

6. Eline says:

Oh my god… I love that photo so much! XD

I really loved those teddy bear backpacks! Actually I still do, no matter how creepy and child)like they are :P. I recently saw one of Hello Kitty! OMG, too bad I’m not ten & this isn’t the 90s any more? Otherwise I would’ve bought the damn thing! šŸ˜€