Sep 24 2009

We Love Colors

Category: My OutfitsEyeliah @ 11:00 am

Did you know I’ve posted 494 outfits in the last 661 days of blogging?  That’s an average of 5.25 a week.  In your answers to the poll the votes for more outfits were tied for first with more inspiration folder posts.  I am thinking maybe that meant you want to KEEP seeing outfits as I already post so many but I will try to up it to 6-7 outfits a week anyway.  I like the challenge and plan to include more fantasy outfits, like this one below.

This is what I wanted to wear today:

My funny husband asked me in that early morning hour, ” Is that really what you are wearing to work? “.  Um I wish I could show off my wild space dyed legs to the world today but I don’t think it fits the dress code, I’m doing a dress up for the blog.  I can’t wait to wear these tights out for real, so comfortable and amazing bright colors.  I won them on Fashion Fille, I got to choose two pairs of tights from We Love Colors so went for these and a plum pair.  Thanks so much Fashion Fille & We Love Colors!

This is what I’m really wearing:

I think this is more office appropriate.  I mean, I’m already pushing it with the blue hair.

Outfit #1: Navy Dress, Winners. Thrifted Silver Sequin Tube Top worn as cummerbund. We Love Colors Tights #7214. Silver Earrings, $5 at China Town Night Market. Aldo Ballet Flats.

Outfit #2: Cherry Blossom Dress worn as slip, Consignment Store years ago. Baby Blue Scarf, Ebay Lot. Daisy Pin, ?. Inukshuk Earrings, Gift. White Vianni Flats.

18 Responses to “We Love Colors”

1. marta says:

I wish people at work were more cool and let people wear what they want, ha-ha, that’s a fantasy right there.

2. elle s'ennuie says:

Hey, if someone complains about your blue hair in the office, you could offer to wear these tights to distract from the hair! 😀

And yes, I do take all the pictures on my blog, well, all of the ones that don’t have me in them. I’ve taken the majority of those I’m in as well – if using the self-timer counts as having taken them myself… There have been maybe 3-4 pictures where I have handed the camera to someone else and used them as a live tripod and button-pusher while I posed. 😉

3. Le Tasché says:

Due to my small screen ( I´m working with a netbook ) I first saw only half of your body: The black dress, the glitter silver belt and your hair done (it looks so great on you). My first impression was: you are posting an evening outfit :):)

4. Angel says:

I love the second outfit… the tights are a bit too out there for me but I admire you for having the courage to wear them. You should wear them shopping or something.

5. Eline says:

Love your outfits! 😀 The first IS SO AWESOME with the silver belt & spacey tights! 😀 But the first is so pretty & sweet.

6. Wanderlusting says:

I like both!

Hey today I’m dressed like an English fox hunter turned pirate. Figure that one out! Someone at work already said I looked “cool.”

7. Wanderlusting says:

Also, question: How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings AND take pictures before work?

8. Suzanna Mars says:

I do not know how you do this–that number of outfits is incredible. I am in awe. I can only chalk it up to motivation and youth (this is my way of saying that I am not nearly so motivated and that fleet-footed youth has fled). Brava!

I love the fantasy outfit. When I worked in retail I’d have worn such an ensemble and not have thought twice about it. You’ve done a good job, though, on the other, the work outfit, by dressing it up and individualizing it.

9. Eyeliah says:

Usually 40 minutes; 20 for hair and makeup, 10 to plan an outfit, 10 for pictures. 🙂

10. cindee says:

well even though your fantasy outfit is made of awesome, i also LOVE what you really wore today. especially the dress peeking out and the scarf. oolala!

11. Nadine says:

I really like the “We love colors”-tights

12. Michele says:

Love the fantasy outfit too (great tights!!!), but probably more appropriate for a concert or social engagement. You are lucky you can wear blue hair to work! I’ve had many a job with dress codes that were very restrictive (I had ear piercings close because of one earring/ear rule). Often times those rules develop because folks push the envelope. You show a lot of style, personal style, in your work outfits, so a little reservation might not hurt. Balancing your personal style with a professional look might be the best in the long run. Oh my god, I’ve turned into my mother. . . Love the work outfit – light blue accents top & bottom – very nice.

13. Charlie says:

Love both outfits – I thinking bout getting some we love colour tights they are amazing, but there is too much choice and I can’t decide!

14. Pamela Daley says:

Really! Two outfits – really DIFFERENT outfits at that – plus two different
    MAKE UP’S(?!) before going to work?!!

You Go Girl! Better you than me, though 🙂

At that though, I love your hair slicked back like that..very noble! :)(:

15. Urooba says:

I LOVE YOUR FANTASY OUTFIT–something I’d totally wear!

16. fashionfille says:

i’m glad you love your tights! congrats! i’m hosting another really cool giveaway right now for zevia- it ends sept. 30th, so get it on it! http://www.fashionfille.com/2009/09/zzzzzzzzev.html

17. wardrobe experience says:

Wow, I really love the first ‘fantasy’ outfit.
    Pairing the colourful tights with the silver tube top worn as a belt
    is fantastic….. You did a great job : )

But I think the office dress is very cute, too.

18. jennine says:

oh my goodness i didn’t even catch that! i guess great minds think alike! tube tops as belts rock!