Sep 23 2009

How to Always Look Great – Guaranteed

Category: How To,My Outfits,ProjectsEyeliah @ 12:30 pm

I felt on top of the world in this outfit and that really made it a great day. I was running around before work, on my break and after work taking pictures of people (for the other site) and having the best time.  It really makes a difference for my mood when I love what I am wearing, I am sure you feel that way too.  If I break this outfit down in pieces I can understand the psychology behind it.

The black and gold Linea Pelle belt, a gift from Shay has got to be the most interesting and chic belt I own.  I always feel amazing when I wear it.

The thrifted items were all high quality finds in mint to near mint condition;
The Sheer Black Cotton Blouse from Guess $15, so soft and flattering.
Green Silk Skirt $7, so luxurious on the skin and a nice a line shape.
And adorable Velvet Bow Heels $5, about as high as I can go in heels and they are so comfortable too.

So there you have it, dress in only quality items to always feel great.  This sparks in me a mission; all socks with holes, pilled tops, misshaped and oversized pieces I am coming for you.  You have lived your last day in my closet!  It’s like Spring Cleaning for Fall.

When was the last time you cleaned out your closet?

6 Responses to “How to Always Look Great – Guaranteed”

1. wardrobe experience says:

the belt is really amazing – not only interesting!
    i was cleaning out my closet the last few weeks, because of the fashion
    fleamarket I arranged with some friends…

2. Kyla says:

You look awesome. No wonder you felt so good 🙂

3. Wanderlusting says:

I think I clean out my closet once a week lol but nothing really goes anywhere!

Very true that you look great AND happy. I have been lacking that lately but at least today I too felt good in my outfit choice. Maybe I should put MORE planning into my outfits the night before, instead of rushing around at 7AM and grabbing the first (usually comfiest and sloppiest) thing I see….hmmmm….

4. Caboguy says:

– you look very comfortable & professional – keep smilin’ !!

5. Michele says:

The right outfit can certainly affect mood in a positive way, or the wrong one (ill fitting, uncomfortable). This look is very nice on you. Cleaned out my closet? Uh, you got an easier question?!

6. Charlie says:

Great advice -and it’s funny how the little emotional connections can make you feel great about different items isn’t it. I’m in the process of a massive wardrobe cull – not only will I only keep items that I feel great in, but it’s going to make it so much easier to see what’s in there too!